Sign in with
Your question

Watercooling For my GPU

Last response: in Components
July 31, 2008 1:01:56 PM

For a while now i have been considering buying a watercooling kit and installing a small system solely for the cooling of my GPU, I have been thinking of doing this becuase My GPU (8800 ultra OC) idles at around 60C at ambient temp of 25C, a normal sorta temp for these cards but, under load this thing puts out a lot of heat! and i feel that if i were the have the radiater installed on the outside of my case this would not only keep the temps mroe stable but also prevent it form heating up my whole case.
My PC spec is:
Q6600 @2.4GHz (plan to overclock soon)
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro
BFG 8800 Ultra OC
Asus P5N32-E Sli Plus
2Gb Corair XMS2 800MHz
Corsair TX 650W
Antec 900 Case.

So i was wondering weather you guys could help me out with a few things.
1) Is watercooling worth the money?
2) Is it worth attaching my CPU to this system, even tho with my current cooler it idles just above Ambient temps (28C)
3) Is there any good kits or items i shoudl get
4) Your views on this idea.

As i have never used/installed watercooling before any information i should know or would help me is very welcome.

More about : watercooling gpu

July 31, 2008 4:27:06 PM

well i have some vergy good water cooling and well i spent 60 quid on wc'ing the gfx card and it was a waste of time for overclocking and heat its only good for keeping noise down. id stay away from kits because i bet you will out swap every eventually for a better one, so you might aswell go for it in the first place. if you do it for noise then if you want to cool your cpu aswell then have either 2 seperate cooling loops or go for 2 pumps and 2 rads so the cpu doesnt heat up the gfx card etc. as far as kits go avoid thermaltake there aluminium rads are crap i know i had one :p .
!