Upgrade Graphics card?

I currently have a RX2600XT DIAMOND OC edition 521MB DDR4. I am rather tempted to upgrade to ATI 4xxx series since Their a great price/performance but would it be smarter to wait till next gen of cards? since this card is only 2 gen old. I would like to read some other opinions.
11 answers Last reply
More about upgrade graphics card
  1. Get a 4850 and don't look back.
  2. This chart at Toms by Don Woligrowski puts the 2600XT about 9 tiers below where the HD4850 will be placed when they upgrade the chart.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-cards,1942-7.html
    It would be a noticeable improvement to your gaming.
  3. outlw6669 said:
    Get a 4850 and don't look back.

:pt1cable: swaying for that monster 4870x2 which is suposed to have new crossfire articect of some sort been reading about it. A very Yummy bag of lucky charms! :na:
  4. dirtmountain said:
    This chart at Toms by Don Woligrowski puts the 2600XT about 9 tiers below where the HD4850 will be placed when they upgrade the chart.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-cards,1942-7.html
    It would be a noticeable improvement to your gaming.

wow. Didn't realize how big of a magin that was...
  5. I didn't think so either till i looked. The HD4870 will probably go across from the 9800x2
  6. Yes on both counts.
    The 4850 is a monster that can beat down a 9800GTX+.

The 4870x2 will PWN all but is still a current generation card. My plan is to do 3 way CrossFire with a 4870x2 and my 2 4850's so no complaints on having an extra card from me. For the guesstimated $500+ price it will be very nice.

If you decide to save up for a few more months (and a little further until you can find one in stock) the x2 will be a monster. If you want a massive performance boost now, the 4850 for $170 after MIR is a great choice. You can add it in CF later assuming you have a compatible Mb.
  7. outlw6669 said:
    Yes on both counts.
    The 4850 is a monster that can beat down a 9800GTX+.

The 4870x2 will PWN all but is still a current generation card. My plan is to do 3 way CrossFire with a 4870x2 and my 2 4850's so no complaints on having an extra card from me. For the guesstimated $500+ price it will be very nice.

If you decide to save up for a few more months (and a little further until you can find one in stock) the x2 will be a monster. If you want a massive performance boost now, the 4850 for $170 after MIR is a great choice. You can add it in CF later assuming you have a compatible Mb.

I would go crossfire with 4850 but Not shure if it scales well in wow which I mainly play along with some other older games with better gameplay 2D. If I am rigth I have a felling price will be 550 for the x2, It will beast the gtx 280 at 100 dallors less seems to be a trend that ATI wants.
  8. Get the 4850.
  9. Yeah, if all you are playing is wOw, the 4850 will be more than overkill for you. No need to mess with the 4870x2 which, BTW, will have the same potential for CrossFire scaling issues as CF 4850's.
  10. outlw6669 said:
    Yeah, if all you are playing is wOw, the 4850 will be more than overkill for you. No need to mess with the 4870x2 which, BTW, will have the same potential for CrossFire scaling issues as CF 4850's.

Well the 4870x2 in its articect has a space for crossfire its own section I remember reading about it, supose it shares memory making it 1GB effective not 512x2 but no one really knows.
  11. kelfen said:
    Well the 4870x2 in its articect has a space for crossfire its own section I remember reading about it, supose it shares memory making it 1GB effective not 512x2 but no one really knows.

I have heard tidbits to this effect but no one really knows quite yet. I have heard it both ways, it could be working with this generation or, more likely, with the R800 series. The undress' of the R700 I have seen to date all have a similar bridge connector to the 3870x2 which makes me lean towards the later at the moment. I would love for ATI to have fixed this issue with multi GPU's but we will have to wait a few more weeks to find out.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Diamond Next Generation Graphics