help deciding on motherboard

mlj

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Hi all,

I still haven’t decided on a replacement for my XFX 780i,

It needs to have 2 way SLI and support for a 45nm quad core CPU.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael.

mlj

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i really like this board, the only problem is it only has one usb header, i need 2 and preferably 3.

if i cant find another one though i will go with this one as it has everythink else that i need.

do you think i'm being crazy not getting another 780i just because i've had one bad one.

one more question, will either of the EVGA 780i or ASUS striker 2 formula work with my Q9450 without flashing the BIOS, and if they both will which is the better one.

thanks.

mlj

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
just to add another one into the mix, ASUS P5N-T delux has 3 USB headers compared to the 2 on the striker 2 formula, the specs look pretty much the same on both of them so what are you getting extra on the striker.

thanks.

The eVGA 780i and the Striker 2 Formula will need a BIOS update for sure, if you believe the newegg reviews.

The P5N-T has horrible newegg reviews. I'd avoid it.

What do you get extra on the Striker - I think you get a "Republic of Gamers" key ring. It doesn't help much. I know people who have one and they're still not getting dates :)

Why does it have to be a SLI motherboard? Do you have two nVidia cards already? What kind?