Motherbord GA EP45-DS4
INTEL Q6600 CPU
2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz APACER CL5
HDD Seagate 1TB S-ATA
GF 9600GT 650Mhz 512MB DDR3
DVD-RW NEC AD7201S
PSU BE-Quiet 550W
Windows Vista Ultimate

After installing Vista and all the drivers my son installed a game.
After a few min playing the system stoped running without any error message or blue screen. Nothing worked so i had to power down the PC with the power key.
First i thought it was a software problem in the game but after installing a other game, same problem.

Then in used memtest86 but also here after 2 min. the system stoped working without errors.
I tried the memory in my computer and used memtest86 and all tests passed.
Used my memory (4x PATRIOT DDR2 1GB 800Mhz CL5) in the new PC but same problem.
Flashed BIOS to the latest version (F7) no difference.

Downloaded Memset and changed the Timings in BIOS but without succes :(

Anyone know what i can do to solve this problem please?

Thanx

Memtest should not freeze with a memory voltage increase. Check the manufacturer specs of your memory? Does the memory call for the 1.8v you are using? Or 2.0-2.1v? You probably increased some other setting in BIOS other than the memory voltage. Check your MB manual for the proper way to increase the voltage to your memory and set the voltage correctly.

It's your BIOS defaulting the memory voltage to 1.8v. If you would increase the voltage to 2.0-2.1v properly in BIOS it may solve your system's crashing problem. Your MB manual has instructions on how to adjust the RAM and NB voltage settings.

johanpattyn

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
OK tried everything but nothing changed, only thing i've noticed is that memtest freeze quicker the longer the PC is on.

Think its a mobo problem, i get a new one monday so ill try again monday and hope its gonna be ok then.

Ty Badge for all the help so far :)

rockyjohn

Distinguished
If you are having trouble with current Gigabyte boards, I recommend going to tweaktown.com where they have a Gigabyte forum to provide free technical support for their motherboards, graphics cards and other products!

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/

I had memory timing issues on my P35-DS3L that I could not resolve and posted on their board and got a response within 2 hours - on the 4th of July. There are several moderators - if you get Lsdmeasap, tell him hello for me. He was a lifesaver for me. Helped me tweak memory timings to make my memory work properly.

johanpattyn

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
Hello,
Got a new board today and now everything is running very good and stable.
All settings in BIOS are on AUTO now :)

Thanks all for the help :)