Help me! dam bsods geting on my nurves

heroofspirits

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
hi all, yet another question by me...

i have managed to oc my cpu to about 4.00ghz. any thurther though and bsod...

at 4.00ghz, i can get into windows no problem, my only isue is that once i start playing a game, the computer becomes as stable as a fat man being denied his hamburger. (sorry bout that... other words its very unstable.)

game will play for say, minute or 2 then bsod...

one time though it diddnt bsod but crashed to desktop and said the ati drivers had failed. (check below)

thinking i had bad drivers i have gone back to ati 9.3 drivers.

games are now more stable its just that now i get major graphic coruption, even in 3d mark 06, which i can run...

turning down the oc on my gfx card, i believe that the artifacts are all gone, its just i dont want to be loosing 20 or so fps by having to drop the clock (rhymes :) )

is there any way around this or what. kind of had enough of the whole "im gona crash ha ha ha" taunting which my comp is giving me.

heroofspirits

Distinguished
May 4, 2009

my bad... turns out that my ram diddnt like the oclock... :( now at 3.80ghz for a while... till i get better ram like ddr2 1100 :D :D :D :D :D

heroofspirits

Distinguished
May 4, 2009

done all the test and sits fine at 3.85ghz cpu is fine, just ddr2 800 dont like fsb higher than 405.

dragonfang18

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Well, I guess you should be happy with you 3.85...

I've been on a 2Ghz AMD Turion 64... If they didnt change the damn socket for the Turion X2, I would have gotten better than a one chip processor...