Video and 4 pin problem

Kakanur

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2008
Hello!

I just built a new computer today and was very exited til I turned it on, it booted for about 5sec then it endless rebooted with 2 sec interval :(

My computer details:

Asus M3N-HT Deluxe/Mempipe
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition
Corsair Powersupply 750W Black,ATX/EPS
2x EVGA GeForce 9800GTX+ 512MB
Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 4096MB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB

I took everything out and re assembled it again and the same problem. So I removed everything and just connected the CPU and Fan and a RAM and it worked without any problem.
Re assebled everything again and everything worked fine except one thing I could not get any video (I'll get to that later) then I noticed that I've forgot to plug in the 4 pin to the mobo, did that and started the computer and the problem came back again with endless reboot.
I've moved the RAM around and the same problem, I started it without any RAM and the same problem.....but everytime I remove the 4 pin it workes fine (the 24 pin have been connected the hole time)....I tryed another PSU 600W but I had the same issue there, I have no error beeps from the mobo and the diag light is steady green....Please does anyone have a solution for that problem?

And now the Video, when the 4 pin aint connected and everything seems to be working fine, all fans are working the HDD is working I dont get any video to see what is happening, tryed with my graphics cards and the HDMI that is on the mobo but nothing what so ever.

I've read that flashing the bios might solve the problem but how do I flash my bios if I dont have any video?

I've build other computers before but never had these kind of problem's, so I'm clueless of what the problem can be.
My small guess is that it's the CPU, but with the 4pin problem I'm not sure :??:

Cheers
Kakanur

auscanzukus

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008

Kakanur

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2008
Thx for your reply!

Tryed to clear the cmos for 10 min this morning but that didn't solve it, and I've already tryed with the ram.

I contacted the hardware support today and they thought that the BIOS version is not up to date like you said.
So I will return it to them so they can update it.
Hope that solves my problem, if not I have to get a new CPU :(

Cheers
Kakanur