Blue Screen Error - Driver IRQL

Tubble01

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Howdy everyone! New guy here with a question of error. I run an I7 920 rig with a EVGA X58 Mobo and have recently obtained a v8 heat sink. With this new cooling I decided to attempt to overclock by using the guide here:
http://hothardware.com/Articles/Intel-Core-i7-Overclocking--A-HotHardware-HowTo

I tried to set everything to EXACTLY the way that was described in the vid (Aside from the RAM which I set to 9-9-9-24 which is my RAM's settings.) and everytime I boot up, my computer lasts about 10 seconds until I get a blue screen which states
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? I was browsing around and some people said to update drivers, but I reset my BIOS and I run normally.
Any advice would be much welcomed :)

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Since I don't know exactly what ram you have or how much is installed, make sure you have the proper ram voltage set in the Bios then remove all ram except one stick and test one at a time with memtest+ to make sure all sticks are working properly. Do it first at stock settings and then at the OC settings.

You may also want to look at a couple of OTHER OCing guides for the i7, the article you referenced really didn't teach you anything and skipped a LOT of things you should know.

manicmalki

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Hey whats your stop codes? Perhaps the driver to blame should be right below the stop code and end with .sys once you have that try searching for it here www.support.microsoft.com