Upgraded RAM and now having a problem...

Filip

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2003

I added a 512MB PC3200 Stick that matches my other stick exactly to my
computer. It's now running in Dual-Channel DDR mode with 1GB of total RAM.
After I log in and hit the Play button, it goes to a black screen like it
normally does, but then it quits the game to the desktop, no errors or
nothing, just quits the game....I was wondering if this has happened to
anyone before and if so, how did you fix it? I will copy my specs given by
the SWG Options page to this message and you guys can check it out for
yourself. I cannot figure it out. Maybe the game can't run in Dual-Channel
mode for some reason, I'll give that a go....let me know what you guys
think...oh, BTW, I e-mail SWG Support on this about an hour ago, just for
the hell of it, should be funny to see how they think I should resolve this
issue...I can see it now.."well, was it working before you put in that 2nd
stick of RAM? yes....Well, I guess you should just take out that stick of
RAM then." LOL...anyways, thanks...

Number of Processors: 1
Cpu Vendor: AuthenticAMD
Cpu Identifier: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1
Cpu Speed: 2004 Mhz
Physical Memory Size: 1023 MB
Video Description: SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 ATLANTIS
Video Identifier: 0x1002[v], 0x4150[d]
Video Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6436
Video Memory Size: 250 MB
Vertex Shader Version: 2.0
Pixel Shader Version: 2.0
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 1

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

memtest86 http://www.memtest86.com/
windows memory diag http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Run either of those on your new stick, my guess is that it's gonna fail.

Jeremy

"Filip" <fpantovich@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
> I added a 512MB PC3200 Stick that matches my other stick exactly to my
> computer. It's now running in Dual-Channel DDR mode with 1GB of total
RAM.
> After I log in and hit the Play button, it goes to a black screen like it
> normally does, but then it quits the game to the desktop, no errors or
> nothing, just quits the game....I was wondering if this has happened to
> anyone before and if so, how did you fix it? I will copy my specs given
by
> the SWG Options page to this message and you guys can check it out for
> yourself. I cannot figure it out. Maybe the game can't run in
Dual-Channel
> mode for some reason, I'll give that a go....let me know what you guys
> think...oh, BTW, I e-mail SWG Support on this about an hour ago, just for
> the hell of it, should be funny to see how they think I should resolve
this
> issue...I can see it now.."well, was it working before you put in that 2nd
> stick of RAM? yes....Well, I guess you should just take out that stick of
> RAM then." LOL...anyways, thanks...
>

> Number of Processors: 1
> Cpu Vendor: AuthenticAMD
> Cpu Identifier: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1
> Cpu Speed: 2004 Mhz
> Physical Memory Size: 1023 MB
> Video Description: SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 ATLANTIS
> Video Identifier: 0x1002[v], 0x4150[d]
> Video Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6436
> Video Memory Size: 250 MB
> Vertex Shader Version: 2.0
> Pixel Shader Version: 2.0
> Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 1

Filip

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2003

No, my RAM is fine, I always run MemTest on new RAM for 1-2 hours prior to
actually running it fully on my system...any other suggestions?

"Jeremy" <ilikespam@thehueys.com> wrote in message
> memtest86 http://www.memtest86.com/
> windows memory diag http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
>
> Run either of those on your new stick, my guess is that it's gonna fail.
>
> Jeremy
>
> "Filip" <fpantovich@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
> > I added a 512MB PC3200 Stick that matches my other stick exactly to my
> > computer. It's now running in Dual-Channel DDR mode with 1GB of total
> RAM.
> > After I log in and hit the Play button, it goes to a black screen like
it
> > normally does, but then it quits the game to the desktop, no errors or
> > nothing, just quits the game....I was wondering if this has happened to
> > anyone before and if so, how did you fix it? I will copy my specs given
> by
> > the SWG Options page to this message and you guys can check it out for
> > yourself. I cannot figure it out. Maybe the game can't run in
> Dual-Channel
> > mode for some reason, I'll give that a go....let me know what you guys
> > think...oh, BTW, I e-mail SWG Support on this about an hour ago, just
for
> > the hell of it, should be funny to see how they think I should resolve
> this
> > issue...I can see it now.."well, was it working before you put in that
2nd
> > stick of RAM? yes....Well, I guess you should just take out that stick
of
> > RAM then." LOL...anyways, thanks...
> >

> > Number of Processors: 1
> > Cpu Vendor: AuthenticAMD
> > Cpu Identifier: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1
> > Cpu Speed: 2004 Mhz
> > Physical Memory Size: 1023 MB
> > Video Description: SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 ATLANTIS
> > Video Identifier: 0x1002[v], 0x4150[d]
> > Video Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6436
> > Video Memory Size: 250 MB
> > Vertex Shader Version: 2.0
> > Pixel Shader Version: 2.0
> > Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 1

Filip

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2003

Never mind, problems resolved...just did a full scan and let it do the full
download and all and that fixed it....good stuff, enjoy...

"Filip" <fpantovich@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
> I added a 512MB PC3200 Stick that matches my other stick exactly to my
> computer. It's now running in Dual-Channel DDR mode with 1GB of total
RAM.
> After I log in and hit the Play button, it goes to a black screen like it
> normally does, but then it quits the game to the desktop, no errors or
> nothing, just quits the game....I was wondering if this has happened to
> anyone before and if so, how did you fix it? I will copy my specs given
by
> the SWG Options page to this message and you guys can check it out for
> yourself. I cannot figure it out. Maybe the game can't run in
Dual-Channel
> mode for some reason, I'll give that a go....let me know what you guys
> think...oh, BTW, I e-mail SWG Support on this about an hour ago, just for
> the hell of it, should be funny to see how they think I should resolve
this
> issue...I can see it now.."well, was it working before you put in that 2nd
> stick of RAM? yes....Well, I guess you should just take out that stick of
> RAM then." LOL...anyways, thanks...
>

> Number of Processors: 1
> Cpu Vendor: AuthenticAMD
> Cpu Identifier: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1
> Cpu Speed: 2004 Mhz
> Physical Memory Size: 1023 MB
> Video Description: SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 ATLANTIS
> Video Identifier: 0x1002[v], 0x4150[d]
> Video Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6436
> Video Memory Size: 250 MB
> Vertex Shader Version: 2.0
> Pixel Shader Version: 2.0
> Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 1

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I say do a 'full scan' and let it rebuild. ;-)