Hi- I like to weekly, or so, delete all cookies. This seems fine except that
it also removes log-in info for sites such as B of A. I have to re-enter
certain items.
My ? is: can I remove the cookies yet save certain ones that I
frequently need to reuse? Thanks
--
Thanks-Alan

If you are frequently deleting cookies and then re-entering information for
sites you access often, you should consider doing the following:
Delete all cookies as you normally do to start fresh.
Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced
Check the "Override automatic cookie handling" box
Check the "Block" box for First-Party cookies
Check the "Block" box for Third-Party cookies
Check the "Allow session cookies" box
When you first access a site that requires you to enter information that you
want to retain, change the First-Party option to "Prompt" and allow the
cookie for that site to be created. Then change it back to avoid future
prompt messages from other sites. Going forward, the site where you allowed
the cookie to be created will work as desired without prompting and all other
cookies will be blocked. It takes a little work on the front-end, but if you
don't want cookies to be created that you periodically delete, this will do
it.

"odeek9" wrote:

> Hi- I like to weekly, or so, delete all cookies. This seems fine except that
> it also removes log-in info for sites such as B of A. I have to re-enter
> certain items.
> My ? is: can I remove the cookies yet save certain ones that I
> frequently need to reuse? Thanks
> --
> Thanks-Alan

Alan,

Try CookieWall program
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/cookie.htm

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"odeek9" <odeek9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi- I like to weekly, or so, delete all cookies. This seems fine except
> that
> it also removes log-in info for sites such as B of A. I have to re-enter
> certain items.
> My ? is: can I remove the cookies yet save certain ones that I
> frequently need to reuse? Thanks
> --
> Thanks-Alan

"odeek9" <odeek9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi- I like to weekly, or so, delete all cookies. This seems fine
> except that it also removes log-in info for sites such as B of A. I
> have to re-enter certain items.
> My ? is: can I remove the cookies yet save certain ones that I
> frequently need to reuse? Thanks

Use Windows Explorer to delete the cookies you don't want. Then in IE use
File | Import and Export to export the cookies to an HTM file. Then after
deleting all cookies you can import from that file.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

I downloaded the Cookie Wall .exe file to my Desktop. Now I've decided I
don't want it but I can't seem to delete it. Each time I try, I get a popup
saying that the file is in use by another program and that I should end that
program before trying to delete Cookie Wall. But I have no idea which file
is using it and hove no idea how to end it.

Cab someone help?

WinXP Home, 512 Kb RAM, 12 Gb available disc, etc.

> Alan,
>
> Try CookieWall program
> http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/cookie.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "odeek9" <odeek9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi- I like to weekly, or so, delete all cookies. This seems fine except
>> that
>> it also removes log-in info for sites such as B of A. I have to re-enter
>> certain items.
>> My ? is: can I remove the cookies yet save certain ones that I
>> frequently need to reuse? Thanks
>> --
>> Thanks-Alan

AnalogX CookieWall is uninstallable through Add/Remove Programs.

BTW, CookieWall runs at startup automatically, and sits in the Notification
area. You need to configure it accordingly. Double-click the Cookiewall icon
in the Notification area, and then click Config.

I always set the New cookie action to "Delete - 40 seconds".

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Drew Moreland" <drewmore@bogusmail.net> wrote in message
>I downloaded the Cookie Wall .exe file to my Desktop. Now I've decided I
>don't want it but I can't seem to delete it. Each time I try, I get a popup
>saying that the file is in use by another program and that I should end
>that program before trying to delete Cookie Wall. But I have no idea which
>file is using it and hove no idea how to end it.
>
> Cab someone help?
>
> WinXP Home, 512 Kb RAM, 12 Gb available disc, etc.
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Alan,
>>
>> Try CookieWall program
>> http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/cookie.htm
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "odeek9" <odeek9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi- I like to weekly, or so, delete all cookies. This seems fine except
>>> that
>>> it also removes log-in info for sites such as B of A. I have to
>>> re-enter
>>> certain items.
>>> My ? is: can I remove the cookies yet save certain ones that I
>>> frequently need to reuse? Thanks
>>> --
>>> Thanks-Alan

Thank you, but I think you've misunderstood my question. I don't want to
configure Cookie Wall; I want to get rid of it entirely. I cannot install it
for some reason. The file is saved on my destop, but I've doubled-clicked
many times and nothing happens. I've right-clicked it and selected "Open"
and nothing happens. It does not appear in my system tray although it does
appear in my task manager.

It's not taking up much space, but I don't want it in the system if it's not
going to work. The problem is that I can't get rid of it, and THAT'S what I
want to do.

--
'Drew Moreland
> AnalogX CookieWall is uninstallable through Add/Remove Programs.
>
> BTW, CookieWall runs at startup automatically, and sits in the
> Notification area. You need to configure it accordingly. Double-click the
> Cookiewall icon in the Notification area, and then click Config.
>
> I always set the New cookie action to "Delete - 40 seconds".
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Drew Moreland" <drewmore@bogusmail.net> wrote in message
>>I downloaded the Cookie Wall .exe file to my Desktop. Now I've decided I
>>don't want it but I can't seem to delete it. Each time I try, I get a
>>popup saying that the file is in use by another program and that I should
>>end that program before trying to delete Cookie Wall. But I have no idea
>>which file is using it and hove no idea how to end it.
>>
>> Cab someone help?
>>
>> WinXP Home, 512 Kb RAM, 12 Gb available disc, etc.
>>
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Alan,
>>>
>>> Try CookieWall program
>>> http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/cookie.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "odeek9" <odeek9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> but I think you've misunderstood my question

Nope, I did not misunderstand the question. Like I said, Cookiewall can be
uninstalled through Add/Remove Programs.

--

> Thank you, but I think you've misunderstood my question. I don't want to
> configure Cookie Wall; I want to get rid of it entirely. I cannot install
> it for some reason. The file is saved on my destop, but I've
> doubled-clicked many times and nothing happens. I've right-clicked it and
> selected "Open" and nothing happens. It does not appear in my system tray
> although it does appear in my task manager.
>
> It's not taking up much space, but I don't want it in the system if it's
> not going to work. The problem is that I can't get rid of it, and THAT'S
> what I want to do.
>
> --
> 'Drew Moreland
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> AnalogX CookieWall is uninstallable through Add/Remove Programs.
>>
>> BTW, CookieWall runs at startup automatically, and sits in the
>> Notification area. You need to configure it accordingly. Double-click the
>> Cookiewall icon in the Notification area, and then click Config.
>>
>> I always set the New cookie action to "Delete - 40 seconds".
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Drew Moreland" <drewmore@bogusmail.net> wrote in message
>>>I downloaded the Cookie Wall .exe file to my Desktop. Now I've decided I
>>>don't want it but I can't seem to delete it. Each time I try, I get a
>>>popup saying that the file is in use by another program and that I should
>>>end that program before trying to delete Cookie Wall. But I have no idea
>>>which file is using it and hove no idea how to end it.
>>>
>>> Cab someone help?
>>>
>>> WinXP Home, 512 Kb RAM, 12 Gb available disc, etc.
>>>
>>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

My situation would be much less of an issue to me if Cookie Wall appeared in
"Add/Remove" but it doesn't. I can only surmise that it's because I have not
been able to install it yet. All I've got is the .exe file that I downloaded
to my desktop. There is nothing in "Add/Remove" or "Program Files" or
anywhere else I've looked. And the .exe file will not let me delete it
because it's in use by another program. So I'm stuck with an .exe file I
can't install and can't delete.

But thanks anyway.

--
'Drew Moreland
>>> but I think you've misunderstood my question
>
> Nope, I did not misunderstand the question. Like I said, Cookiewall can be
> uninstalled through Add/Remove Programs.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Drew Moreland" <drewmore@bogusmail.net> wrote in message
>> Thank you, but I think you've misunderstood my question. I don't want to
>> configure Cookie Wall; I want to get rid of it entirely. I cannot install
>> it for some reason. The file is saved on my destop, but I've
>> doubled-clicked many times and nothing happens. I've right-clicked it and
>> selected "Open" and nothing happens. It does not appear in my system tray
>> although it does appear in my task manager.
>>
>> It's not taking up much space, but I don't want it in the system if it's
>> not going to work. The problem is that I can't get rid of it, and THAT'S
>> what I want to do.
>>
>> --
>> 'Drew Moreland
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> AnalogX CookieWall is uninstallable through Add/Remove Programs.
>>>
>>> BTW, CookieWall runs at startup automatically, and sits in the
>>> Notification area. You need to configure it accordingly. Double-click
>>> the Cookiewall icon in the Notification area, and then click Config.
>>>
>>> I always set the New cookie action to "Delete - 40 seconds".
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "Drew Moreland" <drewmore@bogusmail.net> wrote in message

You can try Pocket Killbox, or several other approaches listed here:
http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.php