Revised Computer Build $2,000++

Dopekitten

Distinguished
May 10, 2008
Ok first off, NO on the nvidia board. There is no reason to get them unless you plan to SLI. Get a X48/38 if you want to get two video cards (Xfire).
You could get the Rampage formula if you want a top end motherboard.

Velociraptor is good, but not good gb/money ratio. Unless money is no object, you would be better off raid-0'ing to get the speed you want.

Speakers seem like trash added in. I don't think it's worth the 91 USD you pay for it. I mean, unless you get a sound card, whats the point?

Other than that, looks good.

Edit: Never heard anything about getting a sound card to improve FPS...In any case, if you are getting that speaker system, then get the sound card. If you are getting the Rampage Formula don't as it comes with its own sound card.

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
+1 for Dopekitten

Don't fall into the SLI marketing trap, and don't put up with nVidias crappy Intel chipsets.

Buying a sound card will NOT increase your FPS in games. On board sound makes such a limited hit on the CPU now (around 2%) it is no longer a factor.

shadowthor

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
+1 for both dopekitten and shadowduck, nvidia chipsets are absolute crap. The Rampage Formula is a good mobo if you plan to overclock. I got the same cpu and mobo, and have it up to 3.6ghz. My VID for the cpu sucks tho, its 1.25.