Grimble_Crumble

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
Right now, I have a P35-DS3L, 2 Gigs of OCZ Platinum Rev 2 DDR2 800 RAM, and a E2200 at stock. My RAM is at its full speed, with 2 volts and 4-4-4-12 timings. My FSB is 800 obviously, and I was wondering what difference I would get if I ran my RAM 1:1, as opposed to the current 1:2. Based off that, I could probably lower my timings a bit, but I was mainly wondering the performance difference for syncing. I plan to overclock, basically as far as I can get on stock voltage. I get many different readings for the voltage, I assume that the bios voltage is correct? I want to try to stick to stock voltage, if anyone knows what that should be for an E2200 in bios or CPU-z, that would be lovely if you could tell me. Now, regardless of the FSB, if the voltage is the same, can I keep Speedstep enabled? I would just prefer to save power, and with the summer here, I don't need any more heat.

Andrius

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004
The default BIOS setting for CPU voltage (Vcore) is known as VID or default voltage. See this for specified voltage range : http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLA8X

CPU-Z reports the voltage your chip is getting while it's working (it changes from idle to load).

The difference in performance for different RAM ratios is very small. You will only see a difference in benchmarks and maybe a frame or two more in some games. When overclocking make sure you also change the RAM ratio so you don't overclock the memory as well.