Sign in with
Your question

Apple magic mouse

Last response: in Windows XP
October 18, 2010 2:14:34 PM

Last ditch effort to find an answer on this I guess. I have an Apple Magic Mouse that I am trying to get working on an XP SP3 computer. I have tried everything I can think of. I have installed the widcom bluetooth program that is running in the system tray to go with my bluetooth USB dongle. I have installed the windows device driver for the magic mouse that is out on the internet. I have uninstalled the microsoft intellipoint software. When I try to add a bluetooth device, it even says it has connected with the magic mouse, yet the mouse just will not move the cursor or do anything. So I guess if anyone has had any success with this and has some pointers, let me know.

More about : apple magic mouse

Anonymous
December 1, 2010 12:14:57 PM

i too have a similar problem in Windows Xp sp3 32bit, and also with win7 64-bit. The bluetooth manager will detect the mouse rarely, and will successfully connect and pair with the mouse very rarely, but the mouse stops working after a short amount of time during which it lags and freezes, or it doesnt work at all...just connects and is unuseable.

i have tried various drivers from the internet, i have tried generic drivers...without success.

i am at the end of my tether with this problem as my friend has an extremely similar setup to mine and his apple magic mouse works perfectly.

any help on this matter would be much appreciated,

Si.

Windows xp 32-bit SP3
Apple Magic Mouse
Belkin mini bluetooth adapter (10 metre range)
m
l
Anonymous
December 1, 2010 12:16:44 PM

p.s. i know that the magic mouse is made for mac, but there has got to be a way to get it working on a pc running WinXP / Win7
m
l
!