Warm Enviroment, looking for advice.

maukaguy

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2008
I live in Hawai'i where it is warm all year round. I don't have ac and the temp in the house stays around 80-90f. All my previous builds are from much colder climates where cooling was not as much a problem. I'm looking to build my wife a new gaming system and had some questions I was hoping you guys could help me with.

1. I'm looking like many people at an e8400, I would like to get around 4ghz out of it. If I go with a e8500 does any one know if there is much of a temp difference between the two running around 4ghz?

2. I will most likely go with a cooler master Hyper tx2 after reading its review on Tom's. Is there any chance I could reach my 4ghz goal and use this cooler, or do I need something beefier? I can't use water cooling due to my lease agreement.

3. For the Mobo I want something cool, and stable with SLI. I'm waiting to see how the new graphics cards pan out but I plan on using two cards now or in the future.

4. I Think I will go for a NZXT Tempest for the case. I want some thing cool but as quite as possible. Any one know of something better around that proce? One problem with the case is that I must be able to order form Amazon.com. The reason being that ship a case to Hawai'i cost $100+ and Amazon will send it free with their SuperSaver shiping. On a side note if you live in a place where shipping is a hassle take a look at Amazon for parts. Their prices are decent and if you can get the free shipping you can come out ahead on many of their components.

5. Last can any one suggest a cool PSU that will provide stable power if I go SLI? I was looking at a CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005.

Thanks guys for any help.

babybudha

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006
Ya, I would rather live in Canada, with our -20 degree celcius days! Dude, you live in paradise, screw your computer.....time to go surfing!

shadowthor

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
I would recommend the TRUE or xigametek cooler instead of the hyper tx2. It will run cooler considering where you are. If you get the TRUE, you need to get a 120mm fan to attach to it, get one that has high cfm.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
What's a window AC unit cost over there in Hawai'i ? If both computers(i assume you have one as well) are in the same room, it would work perfectly. Here @ the retail chains a window unit can be had for $100-200. Best Buy actually has one for $87

pcgamer12

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
26.7C to 32.22C ambient temp, you should just get a ACF7P and run it stock in a Antec 900 case with as all fans on low. I wouldn't recommend OC since it'll fry your NB unless it's got a fan on it. At 3.0GHz Dual Core, you won't get much more frames by OC'ing. Do get a graphics card with a dual slot cooler like 8800GTS, skip 8800GT, 9600GT is okay, read reviews on cards you want to see their idle and load temps. A 8800GT with an aftermarket cooler is okay, like MSI's on Newegg that seems to have a dual slot AC HSF. E8400 is better, E8500 is a waste for half a multiplier. You should get a GA-P35-DS3L or one of those new P45 motherboards. Don't bother with SLi, you'll raise heat and would need to get more watts and cooling. SLi boards cause too many problems anyway. It wouldn't hurt to get an HVAC system or just an AC system.

royalcrown

Distinguished

what the hell does water cooling have to do with your lease agreement ?

Latest posts