Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can I burn a DVD movie/slideshow & pics to one DVD

Last response: in Storage
October 9, 2009 7:20:23 PM

I want to burn a movie or slideshow onto a DVD to play on my DVD player connected to the TV and be able to save the pics(photos) on the DVD to read on my computer and hopefully play the movie or slideshow on my computer.

OK got it to burn... and watch on TV BUT when i insert the DVD it says- Drive is not accessible ... then i query device, properties, volume and then hit populate and now i can read the DVD on the computer .... why doesnt it read it without me doing all this??

This is happening to my CD drive too, sometimes it reads a manufactures Software CD and sometimes not..... why does it sometimes say NOT ACCESSIBLE and sometimes INSERT A CD ...... (when nothing is in the holder)????
October 9, 2009 7:57:45 PM

I don't think so because to save pics you are burning a data dvd unless your dvd player can play avi or other movies files (i.e. has divx)

that's just what I think
m
l

Best solution

a c 353 G Storage
October 9, 2009 7:59:13 PM

Short answer - Yes you can. Just need the software (ie Nero - many others, some are free) and a DVD burner. The software can also convert a set of pictures to a slideshow and output it to the correct format. You can also get a standalone DVD recorder (replaces the old VCR) and record from cable and watch on computer.
Related resources
October 9, 2009 8:38:42 PM

RetiredChief said:
Short answer - Yes you can. Just need the software (ie Nero - many others, some are free) and a DVD burner. The software can also convert a set of pictures to a slideshow and output it to the correct format. You can also get a standalone DVD recorder (replaces the old VCR) and record from cable and watch on computer.

I have Nero 6, Roxio creator 10, sonic mydvd 4.5, imgburn, and cdburner xp its when i use these products that i cannot read my dvd on my computer, but can on the dvd/tv.
If i just burn a video/mpeg its ok, but not both video and pics.????
m
l
!