Sign in with
Your question

Graphical Card Issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 3, 2008 2:49:12 AM

Ok this is getting really annoying since i can’t play a single game for more than 2-10 minutes unless it’s a point and click game :) . So while playing the monitor goes black and starts to search analog or digital connection. The Pc continues to work and i must reset because i can’t see anything. I tried changing the graphical card drivers. The temperature is fine. I cleaned the damn thing from dust and nothing seems to be working. I have GeForce 8600GT 512MB. Please HELP.

More about : graphical card issue

July 3, 2008 3:58:17 AM

is your refresh rate correct? i had a problem like this with ubuntu. correcting the refresh rate fixed it.
go into control panel > nvidia control panel> left hand side, change resolution.
July 3, 2008 11:34:50 PM

This may be odd i really don't know if the refresh rate should be like this it says that i have 60 and 59 hertz. The monitor is Samasung 226BW and pretty new as well. The screen resolution is 1680 x 1050 pixels. This is the highest resolution. I will try to change the refresh rate and lower the resolution. Thank you. If any other suggestions just let me know.
!