Need Advice for liquid cooling system

ankido

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
I'm not a novice nor an expert at building computer's but I do love lego's. :pt1cable:

Before I put my system build, I would like to let you all know that there's a reason for the type of system I'm building. If at any point I've gone to the extreme or chosen crappy parts, please post your input and guide me in the right direction.

Gaming:
World of Warcraft
Age of Conan
Warhammer Online
Lord of the Rings Online
Mass Effect

Web Development & Graphics
Dreamweaver
CuteFTP Pro
Flash
Adobe Photoshop CS2

Video Editing & Audio
Vegas Video upgrading to Pinnacle Studio
Adobe Audition

I mainly game more then anything but recently I've been getting more into video editing making homemade videos of my two daughters growing up so the whole family can see.

link to my system I plan on building http://www.delusionsofglory.com/machine

Please help me put a system together. Price is not a major factor but anything over $2,000 would be a bit too much. My current system build I'm going for is priced @ $2,231 w/shipping $75. I can manage to live with that but anything higher would be too much. If I can alter that price and get better performance for a cheaper price that would be awesome. I'm a FPS freak and anything under 60 would bring a tear to my eye. :sweat:

Thank You!

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
No No no! -1 for that setup.

DDR3 is bad- waste of money- 790i is terrible. Overpriced buggy mess.

Unless you have a higher dollar speaker system you don't need a sound card.

Raptors (sans VelociRaptor) are a waste of money. Get rid of this too. Raid is normally a waste, but will help you with video.

Water cooling is a WASTE. Don't waste the amount of money needed for minimal gains.

What GPU are you going with? I don't see it listed. 8800GTX is a terrible value if that is the one.

Much better idea for a system:

Intel Core2Quad Q9450
Asus P5Q Pro(P45) motherboard or Asus P5E (X38)
2xx series video card
8GB of RAM (2x 4GB G.SKill 4-4-4-12)
1x 300GB VelociRaptor Hard drive
2x Seagate 500GB 7200.11 drives (Raid will help for the video)
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
XIGMATEK Mounting Bracket
Arctic MX-2 Thermal Paste
Antec P182 Case (I dislike Apevia big time)
PC Power and Cooling 610W PSU

That is an amazing system, much better than you have on the other page.