May 19, 2009
i have this system

amd phenomII 720 x3
asrock a780gxh
6gb ram (2x1 2x2)
etc
i have an a+ El diablo with 36 cm fan on the side panel

so i have a space limit...

actually i have a zerotherm btf80, it's quite good...
but i'd like something better performing...

my actual heatsink is 128mm

so i need something about that height...
i prefer tower heatsinks, cause i have an extraction scythe slipstream 1900rpm (110cfm)

i like the arctic cooling freezer extreme( 131mm just 3mm higher than mine)... it seems to be better than mine (more fins, larger dissipating area, 120mm fan instead of 9mm)

now i'd like to know if it's really better...
and if it can mount different fans from the one already mounted... i see it has a particulare "mounting" method for the fan... but probably, with some tricks i can insert a different fan ;) someone ha tried? i'd like to use another slipstream, so i would have the same air flux...

isn't there a site with standard comparisons, where i can choose heatsinks and compare them? (like the tom's hardware processor chart... for heatsinks could be good... obviously in a conditioned ambient)
unlucky, my HS and the arctic cooling, are different periods, so you never find them in the same review....

caffeine666

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
so you think for example the cooler master gemini would be better then arctic cooling freezer extreme? (not present in the chart :( )
both HS can be fan-changed, i was thinking for a scythe slipstream 1900 ( i've seen that changing fan in arctic cooling for example in my friend's system, the change is -5°C) would that fan get better temp also on cooler master, that is not tower-shape?

exactly the question is
those HS are 110mm so are all not tower-shape, but usually a tower-shape, won't have a better result?