Sign in with
Your question

No USB mouse or keyboard after removing ATI drivers, cannot log in

Last response: in Windows Vista
February 13, 2013 2:57:41 AM

The day of yesterday after a big electrical storm I found that the mouse and pad of my laptop Sony Vaio Vgn-Fw270AE
Didnt work . With some difficulty I found out, that to make the pad work, it was needed to install the AlpPointing device I did it and it worked.
The big trouble now is the port of mouse that windows (vista home premium)doesnt recognize.

So that if you could lend me a hand on this issue I´ll ask you to give me the explanation of what is goin on and if you have the USB device for this(I tried in the site of 4tech which is the maker of the mouse model X-718F)
By the way while I was trying to start the pad I desinstalled some information of ATI tecnologies (maybe there was the USB driver that Im looking tomake the externalmouse work.

Greetings from Buenos Aires and

Many thanks

Miguel Velazquez

a b \ Driver
February 15, 2013 8:18:15 AM

The USB drivers for the laptop's USB ports and for USB peripheral devices (like a mouse and keyboard) are built in to Windows. That's why mouse & keyboard manufacturer's do not supply drivers unless the device has special functions or additional buttons.

ATI drivers do NOT include a mouse driver, so it's nothing to do with that.
I suggest you try a different USB mouse, or use the Alps Touchpad.
m
l
!