Sign in with
Your question

Is this bad for a hard disks

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
October 10, 2009 6:02:39 AM

My question is for about by hard disk,

when power fail suddenly computer switch off so that is it bad for a hard disk or not.it is normally happening 2 days for a week at least but someone say there is no any problem for a hard disk through my question some guys are saying when it's happening continually there might be lot of bad sectors in the hard but I don't have any idea about even bad sectors also.Pls replay me to these questions,

thanks,

More about : bad hard disks

October 10, 2009 6:09:45 AM

A few times during its life span most likely won't kill it, but the possibility is always there. I don't like the sound of it happening regularly 2 days a week. What the hell is up with your power situation there? Get a good battery backup if it's that bad. Anything that takes electrical power from the power supply has a chance of getting fried during a power spike, brownout or blackout. Protect it while you can.
a b G Storage
October 10, 2009 6:16:04 AM

It shouldn't cause any physical damage to the drive, but it stands a pretty good chance of corrupting the data on the drive (possibly to the extent that windows will no longer boot). I agree that in the conditions described, a battery backup would be a good idea.
October 10, 2009 4:18:24 PM

Battery backup(UPS) is a good option to avoid your Hardwares in case of power failure.

!