Win Spy Software Part2(the battle goes on)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Well guys it's been a battle. I keep noticing that my floppy drive would
activate when I'd go to log onto the computer or turn it off. I disabled the
A drive and since then things are kind of going the way it was when I first
bought this computer. I did manage to check the areas that were mentioned
before. I found nothing that came close to what was mentioned to look for.
Did I manage to contain this thing in the floppy? I still want it off of my
computer. Like I said earlier, my wife didn't put there and I sure in the
hell didn't. To gls858 and pcbutts1, thank you for all of the help you both
offered. I'm going to keep looking for the way to remove this. If anybody
out there has ever been successful in removing this "spyware" off of their
computer, step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
10 answers Last reply
More about software part2 battle
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    rislab@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Well guys it's been a battle. I keep noticing that my floppy drive would
    > activate when I'd go to log onto the computer or turn it off. I disabled the
    > A drive and since then things are kind of going the way it was when I first
    > bought this computer. I did manage to check the areas that were mentioned
    > before. I found nothing that came close to what was mentioned to look for.
    > Did I manage to contain this thing in the floppy? I still want it off of my
    > computer. Like I said earlier, my wife didn't put there and I sure in the
    > hell didn't. To gls858 and pcbutts1, thank you for all of the help you both
    > offered. I'm going to keep looking for the way to remove this. If anybody
    > out there has ever been successful in removing this "spyware" off of their
    > computer, step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
    I did some checking on the web this morning. I checked Trend
    Micro's site. www.trendmicro.com I've been using their software
    in a corporate environment and at my home for years. They do have
    a free on line scan http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ might give
    it a shot. Lots of info on viruses and spyware.

    I'm curious, what anti virus and anti spyware software are you
    using. Seems like this stuff should have been stopped. You
    are keeping your programs up to date I assume. If my anti virus
    was letting stuff through I think I'd be shopping around for
    something new.

    gls858
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    What happened when you ran the unlocker program? Or did you run it?

    --


    The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com


    "rislab@hotmail.com" <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:2F720139-4F5A-434E-A81E-7BB366D552FE@microsoft.com...
    > Well guys it's been a battle. I keep noticing that my floppy drive would
    > activate when I'd go to log onto the computer or turn it off. I disabled
    > the
    > A drive and since then things are kind of going the way it was when I
    > first
    > bought this computer. I did manage to check the areas that were mentioned
    > before. I found nothing that came close to what was mentioned to look
    > for.
    > Did I manage to contain this thing in the floppy? I still want it off of
    > my
    > computer. Like I said earlier, my wife didn't put there and I sure in the
    > hell didn't. To gls858 and pcbutts1, thank you for all of the help you
    > both
    > offered. I'm going to keep looking for the way to remove this. If
    > anybody
    > out there has ever been successful in removing this "spyware" off of their
    > computer, step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    McAfee is the antivirus program I'm running and it's up to date. I'm having
    trouble with Microsoft antispyware program now. Won't let me update it. I
    run a scan and it tells me a scan needs to be ran. It's like what ever is on
    this computer won't let me get help. I having trouble just trying to answer
    the questions you both just posted. Microsoft antispyware tells me to update
    it, then it says there is not internet connections. I'm on DSL. pcbutts1, I
    tried to run the unlocker program but once again. The computer wouldn't let
    me. I could not keep it hooked up to the site long enough for it to update
    itself before I ran it. Like I said, it's almost like this win spy is
    blocking every attempt at removing it. Will keep you posted as long as I'm
    able. If you don't hear from me again. I'm fighting to get back on. any
    way Win Spy part3 will be the next Subject if I get completely block from the
    internet.

    "pcbutts1" wrote:

    > What happened when you ran the unlocker program? Or did you run it?
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    > The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    > NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    > See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    > Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    >
    >
    >
    > "rislab@hotmail.com" <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:2F720139-4F5A-434E-A81E-7BB366D552FE@microsoft.com...
    > > Well guys it's been a battle. I keep noticing that my floppy drive would
    > > activate when I'd go to log onto the computer or turn it off. I disabled
    > > the
    > > A drive and since then things are kind of going the way it was when I
    > > first
    > > bought this computer. I did manage to check the areas that were mentioned
    > > before. I found nothing that came close to what was mentioned to look
    > > for.
    > > Did I manage to contain this thing in the floppy? I still want it off of
    > > my
    > > computer. Like I said earlier, my wife didn't put there and I sure in the
    > > hell didn't. To gls858 and pcbutts1, thank you for all of the help you
    > > both
    > > offered. I'm going to keep looking for the way to remove this. If
    > > anybody
    > > out there has ever been successful in removing this "spyware" off of their
    > > computer, step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >
    >
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    rislab@hotmail.com wrote:
    > McAfee is the antivirus program I'm running and it's up to date. I'm having
    > trouble with Microsoft antispyware program now. Won't let me update it. I
    > run a scan and it tells me a scan needs to be ran. It's like what ever is on
    > this computer won't let me get help. I having trouble just trying to answer
    > the questions you both just posted. Microsoft antispyware tells me to update
    > it, then it says there is not internet connections. I'm on DSL. pcbutts1, I
    > tried to run the unlocker program but once again. The computer wouldn't let
    > me. I could not keep it hooked up to the site long enough for it to update
    > itself before I ran it. Like I said, it's almost like this win spy is
    > blocking every attempt at removing it. Will keep you posted as long as I'm
    > able. If you don't hear from me again. I'm fighting to get back on. any
    > way Win Spy part3 will be the next Subject if I get completely block from the
    > internet.
    >
    > "pcbutts1" wrote:
    >
    >
    >>What happened when you ran the unlocker program? Or did you run it?
    >>
    >>--
    >>
    >>
    >>The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    >>NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    >>See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    >>Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>"rislab@hotmail.com" <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >>message news:2F720139-4F5A-434E-A81E-7BB366D552FE@microsoft.com...
    >>
    >>>Well guys it's been a battle. I keep noticing that my floppy drive would
    >>>activate when I'd go to log onto the computer or turn it off. I disabled
    >>>the
    >>>A drive and since then things are kind of going the way it was when I
    >>>first
    >>>bought this computer. I did manage to check the areas that were mentioned
    >>>before. I found nothing that came close to what was mentioned to look
    >>>for.
    >>>Did I manage to contain this thing in the floppy? I still want it off of
    >>>my
    >>>computer. Like I said earlier, my wife didn't put there and I sure in the
    >>>hell didn't. To gls858 and pcbutts1, thank you for all of the help you
    >>>both
    >>>offered. I'm going to keep looking for the way to remove this. If
    >>>anybody
    >>>out there has ever been successful in removing this "spyware" off of their
    >>>computer, step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    The MS Anti spyware is, in fact, only beta software. I believe
    there was a problem with the update function at one point and the
    solution was to uninstall, download new version and install. I
    would not depend on it exclusively.

    I also remember a virus, actually a worm that put an entries in
    the host file that blocked all access to the anti virus
    website. You might check to see if your host file contains
    entries for those websites. Host file should be located at

    Windows XP = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

    The host file is what Spybot uses to block unwanted sites. so you
    may have a large number of entries if you use it. Otherwise, for
    the normal home user it would be empty.

    Check this site to see more about the host file.

    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    gls858
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    =?Utf-8?B?cmlzbGFiQGhvdG1haWwuY29t?=
    <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2F720139-4F5A-
    434E-A81E-7BB366D552FE@microsoft.com:

    >
    >

    so i've been reading this thread and was wondering if you googled for info
    on this, like below:

    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453094267
    http://www.securemost.com/articles/trou_3_remove_win-spy.htm


    DanS
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    Will check out the info offered and post what I find out. I greatly
    appreciate all the help offered. I'll get rid of the Microsoft AntiSpyware
    and download Spybot or Spyware Doc.

    "DanS" wrote:

    > =?Utf-8?B?cmlzbGFiQGhvdG1haWwuY29t?=
    > <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2F720139-4F5A-
    > 434E-A81E-7BB366D552FE@microsoft.com:
    >
    > >
    > >
    >
    > so i've been reading this thread and was wondering if you googled for info
    > on this, like below:
    >
    > http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453094267
    > http://www.securemost.com/articles/trou_3_remove_win-spy.htm
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > DanS
    >
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    =?Utf-8?B?cmlzbGFiQGhvdG1haWwuY29t?=
    <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    news:3903EFE4-99A4-43B5-9A96-78D12A642C29@microsoft.com:

    > Will check out the info offered and post what I find out. I greatly
    > appreciate all the help offered. I'll get rid of the Microsoft
    > AntiSpyware and download Spybot or Spyware Doc.
    >

    I'd keep the M$ Anti-spyware.
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    "rislab@hotmail.com" <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:3903EFE4-99A4-43B5-9A96-78D12A642C29@microsoft.com
    > Will check out the info offered and post what I find out. I greatly
    > appreciate all the help offered. I'll get rid of the Microsoft
    > AntiSpyware and download Spybot or Spyware Doc.

    One anti-spyware program will never catch everything.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    Please respond in Newsgroup. Do not send email
    http://www.fjsmjs.com
    Protect your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/
  9. With the Copy9 application, you can now locate and activate the microphone away from a free Android phone

    You can download the software for free at: http://www.spytic.com
  10. Now there is no need to spend hundreds of dollars to spy a cell phone.

    is at the door of anyone. There is free software that circulate at the speed of light on the internet.

    Just type in google HelloSPY and found the perfect range of gadgets worthy of James Bond.

    Download the FREE WARE on HelloSPY,com

    the fact that one is a FREE SPY WARE WARE too? hahahahaha.....
Ask a new question

Read More

Floppy Disk Computers Software Windows XP