Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Win Spy Software Part2(the battle goes on)

Tags:
  • Floppy Disk
  • Computers
  • Software
  • Windows XP
August 19, 2005 1:47:04 PM

Well guys it's been a battle. I keep noticing that my floppy drive would
activate when I'd go to log onto the computer or turn it off. I disabled the
A drive and since then things are kind of going the way it was when I first
bought this computer. I did manage to check the areas that were mentioned
before. I found nothing that came close to what was mentioned to look for.
Did I manage to contain this thing in the floppy? I still want it off of my
computer. Like I said earlier, my wife didn't put there and I sure in the
hell didn't. To gls858 and pcbutts1, thank you for all of the help you both
offered. I'm going to keep looking for the way to remove this. If anybody
out there has ever been successful in removing this "spyware" off of their
computer, step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

More about : win spy software part2 battle

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 4:08:10 PM

rislab@hotmail.com wrote:
> Well guys it's been a battle. I keep noticing that my floppy drive would
> activate when I'd go to log onto the computer or turn it off. I disabled the
> A drive and since then things are kind of going the way it was when I first
> bought this computer. I did manage to check the areas that were mentioned
> before. I found nothing that came close to what was mentioned to look for.
> Did I manage to contain this thing in the floppy? I still want it off of my
> computer. Like I said earlier, my wife didn't put there and I sure in the
> hell didn't. To gls858 and pcbutts1, thank you for all of the help you both
> offered. I'm going to keep looking for the way to remove this. If anybody
> out there has ever been successful in removing this "spyware" off of their
> computer, step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
I did some checking on the web this morning. I checked Trend
Micro's site. www.trendmicro.com I've been using their software
in a corporate environment and at my home for years. They do have
a free on line scan http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ might give
it a shot. Lots of info on viruses and spyware.

I'm curious, what anti virus and anti spyware software are you
using. Seems like this stuff should have been stopped. You
are keeping your programs up to date I assume. If my anti virus
was letting stuff through I think I'd be shopping around for
something new.

gls858
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 9:22:31 PM

What happened when you ran the unlocker program? Or did you run it?

"rislab@hotmail.com" <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2F720139-4F5A-434E-A81E-7BB366D552FE@microsoft.com...
> Well guys it's been a battle. I keep noticing that my floppy drive would
> activate when I'd go to log onto the computer or turn it off. I disabled
> the
> A drive and since then things are kind of going the way it was when I
> first
> bought this computer. I did manage to check the areas that were mentioned
> before. I found nothing that came close to what was mentioned to look
> for.
> Did I manage to contain this thing in the floppy? I still want it off of
> my
> computer. Like I said earlier, my wife didn't put there and I sure in the
> hell didn't. To gls858 and pcbutts1, thank you for all of the help you
> both
> offered. I'm going to keep looking for the way to remove this. If
> anybody
> out there has ever been successful in removing this "spyware" off of their
> computer, step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
August 19, 2005 9:22:32 PM

McAfee is the antivirus program I'm running and it's up to date. I'm having
trouble with Microsoft antispyware program now. Won't let me update it. I
run a scan and it tells me a scan needs to be ran. It's like what ever is on
this computer won't let me get help. I having trouble just trying to answer
the questions you both just posted. Microsoft antispyware tells me to update
it, then it says there is not internet connections. I'm on DSL. pcbutts1, I
tried to run the unlocker program but once again. The computer wouldn't let
me. I could not keep it hooked up to the site long enough for it to update
itself before I ran it. Like I said, it's almost like this win spy is
blocking every attempt at removing it. Will keep you posted as long as I'm
able. If you don't hear from me again. I'm fighting to get back on. any
way Win Spy part3 will be the next Subject if I get completely block from the
internet.

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> What happened when you ran the unlocker program? Or did you run it?

> "rislab@hotmail.com" <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:2F720139-4F5A-434E-A81E-7BB366D552FE@microsoft.com...
> > Well guys it's been a battle. I keep noticing that my floppy drive would
> > activate when I'd go to log onto the computer or turn it off. I disabled
> > the
> > A drive and since then things are kind of going the way it was when I
> > first
> > bought this computer. I did manage to check the areas that were mentioned
> > before. I found nothing that came close to what was mentioned to look
> > for.
> > Did I manage to contain this thing in the floppy? I still want it off of
> > my
> > computer. Like I said earlier, my wife didn't put there and I sure in the
> > hell didn't. To gls858 and pcbutts1, thank you for all of the help you
> > both
> > offered. I'm going to keep looking for the way to remove this. If
> > anybody
> > out there has ever been successful in removing this "spyware" off of their
> > computer, step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 9:22:33 PM

rislab@hotmail.com wrote:
> McAfee is the antivirus program I'm running and it's up to date. I'm having
> trouble with Microsoft antispyware program now. Won't let me update it. I
> run a scan and it tells me a scan needs to be ran. It's like what ever is on
> this computer won't let me get help. I having trouble just trying to answer
> the questions you both just posted. Microsoft antispyware tells me to update
> it, then it says there is not internet connections. I'm on DSL. pcbutts1, I
> tried to run the unlocker program but once again. The computer wouldn't let
> me. I could not keep it hooked up to the site long enough for it to update
> itself before I ran it. Like I said, it's almost like this win spy is
> blocking every attempt at removing it. Will keep you posted as long as I'm
> able. If you don't hear from me again. I'm fighting to get back on. any
> way Win Spy part3 will be the next Subject if I get completely block from the
> internet.
>
> "pcbutts1" wrote:
>

>>What happened when you ran the unlocker program? Or did you run it?
>>
>>--
>>

>>The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>>NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>>See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>>Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>>

>>"rislab@hotmail.com" <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>message news:2F720139-4F5A-434E-A81E-7BB366D552FE@microsoft.com...
>>
>>>Well guys it's been a battle. I keep noticing that my floppy drive would
>>>activate when I'd go to log onto the computer or turn it off. I disabled
>>>the
>>>A drive and since then things are kind of going the way it was when I
>>>first
>>>bought this computer. I did manage to check the areas that were mentioned
>>>before. I found nothing that came close to what was mentioned to look
>>>for.
>>>Did I manage to contain this thing in the floppy? I still want it off of
>>>my
>>>computer. Like I said earlier, my wife didn't put there and I sure in the
>>>hell didn't. To gls858 and pcbutts1, thank you for all of the help you
>>>both
>>>offered. I'm going to keep looking for the way to remove this. If
>>>anybody
>>>out there has ever been successful in removing this "spyware" off of their
>>>computer, step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

The MS Anti spyware is, in fact, only beta software. I believe
there was a problem with the update function at one point and the
solution was to uninstall, download new version and install. I
would not depend on it exclusively.

I also remember a virus, actually a worm that put an entries in
the host file that blocked all access to the anti virus
website. You might check to see if your host file contains
entries for those websites. Host file should be located at

Windows XP = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

The host file is what Spybot uses to block unwanted sites. so you
may have a large number of entries if you use it. Otherwise, for
the normal home user it would be empty.

Check this site to see more about the host file.

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

gls858
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:17:02 AM

Will check out the info offered and post what I find out. I greatly
appreciate all the help offered. I'll get rid of the Microsoft AntiSpyware
and download Spybot or Spyware Doc.

"DanS" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?cmlzbGFiQGhvdG1haWwuY29t?=
> <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2F720139-4F5A-
> 434E-A81E-7BB366D552FE@microsoft.com:
>

> so i've been reading this thread and was wondering if you googled for info
> on this, like below:
>
> http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=45...
> http://www.securemost.com/articles/trou_3_remove_win-sp...
>

> DanS

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:50:12 PM

> Will check out the info offered and post what I find out. I greatly
> appreciate all the help offered. I'll get rid of the Microsoft
> AntiSpyware and download Spybot or Spyware Doc.

I'd keep the M$ Anti-spyware.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 7:11:10 PM

"rislab@hotmail.com" <rislabhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:3903EFE4-99A4-43B5-9A96-78D12A642C29@microsoft.com
> Will check out the info offered and post what I find out. I greatly
> appreciate all the help offered. I'll get rid of the Microsoft
> AntiSpyware and download Spybot or Spyware Doc.

One anti-spyware program will never catch everything.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

With the Copy9 application, you can now locate and activate the microphone away from a free Android phone

You can download the software for free at: http://www.spytic.com

January 28, 2013 5:55:03 AM

Now there is no need to spend hundreds of dollars to spy a cell phone.

is at the door of anyone. There is free software that circulate at the speed of light on the internet.

Just type in google HelloSPY and found the perfect range of gadgets worthy of James Bond.

Download the FREE WARE on HelloSPY,com

the fact that one is a FREE SPY WARE WARE too? hahahahaha.....