Sign in with
Your question

Realtek on-board - no audio after standby

Last response: in Components
August 3, 2008 5:58:39 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am running GA-EP43-DS3L motherboard with E8400 CPU and use onboard Realtek HD on Windows XP SP2. The audio works fine (both 2-speaker setup speakers and headphone) until I put the system in S3 standby. After coming out of standby I get the message "A jack has been unplugged" and the audio does not work until I reboot. I have all the latest patches/drivers. Any ideas on how to go about fixing it? Thank you
August 3, 2008 6:42:00 AM

i think there is an update for that on windows.
June 12, 2009 3:30:28 PM

I have The same Problem with a GA-945-PLS3 Motherboard .
I Found another way instead of restarting Windows .
Removing Realtek HD Device and Microsoft UAA From Device manager ang Ask Windows to Search for a New Hardware installed !
I know that this is not the answer but a way to avoid restarting !!
Related resources
June 13, 2009 7:39:04 AM

It's a known BIOS bug for motherboards with integrated Realtek HD audio. If you haven't updated you BIOS yet, do so.
June 21, 2009 10:31:01 PM

I struggled with the same problem and finally solved the problem by upgrading the driver for my PCI Wireless card. This seemed crazy, but the problem only reproduced for me if I went to standby while streaming video from the internet, so there could be a relationship there.

The catch is that AirLink didn't publish the new drivers, I had to go find them from the chipset manufacturer's website. I posted the details on my blog if anyone else finds them helpful.
!