M2n4-SLi Front panel USB memory speaker noise?

PNemesis

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
Rig:
M2N4-SLi
4GB 1x4 kingston @667
Palit 8800GT 512
SB Audigy SE
3xHDD
PSU Chieftec 550W
etc...

Ok I have weird problem, when I connect memory flash onto front panel USB, and start to transfer something onto flash, I have noise coming out of speakers. Mobo back USB is working properly. Flash is also working properly.
Tried 2 flash memory 2GB one and 256MB one, and I have same result.

So what can be the problem?

Could be miserable shielding of connector cables inside your box (the ones going to the front panel). Are your speakers USB-powered? If so, all kinds of activity on other USB ports might get through to your speakers.

PNemesis

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
No, they are not USB powered, they are directly connected to Audigy / Altec Lansing 2.1.
It just happens on front panel. Mobo USB on the back are OK.

PNemesis

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
I removed Audigy and remained on onboard sound, AC97 realtek. Now I get noise form speakers and headphones (front panel), and it gets noisier when I move mouse.

I used one hand to touch case, and other hand to touch radiator, and I can feel small amount of electricity running through my fingers.
EDIT: House grounding is OK, it exist, and it's not null.

robidigital

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
I have the same exact problem. Mine usually happens when I plug my phone into the front usb. I also have my speakers plugged into the same 5.25" bay unit though. It has 3 usb ports, speaker, mic, 5-in-1 flash reader, firewire. It's really annoying!