Sign in with
Your question

GTX280 3-Way SLI Crysis Gameplay 1920x1200 8xAA Video

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
July 4, 2008 1:31:35 AM

That Maxishine guy is awesome, love watching his vids, and now he's doing giveaways.
July 4, 2008 1:36:04 AM

nice
a c 88 U Graphics card
July 4, 2008 12:53:46 PM

you cant get better than that
July 4, 2008 2:10:25 PM

So 1800$ to play Crysis at 40 fps hmmm tempting lol:p 

:pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 
July 4, 2008 5:58:53 PM

L1qu1d said:
So 1800$ to play Crysis at 40 fps hmmm tempting lol:p 

:pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 

$1800 to play a mediocre game at 40FPS.
July 4, 2008 6:11:41 PM

Indeed:)  Unless I see a game worth playing I'm not even considering it. i'm running a 1280x1024 Monitor, I don't think I need anything more than 2 8800 GTs:)  so 1 9800 GX2 should do plenty:) 

I can't wait for SC 2 :D 
July 4, 2008 6:33:17 PM

spathotan said:
$1800 to play a mediocre game at 40FPS.

indeed
July 4, 2008 6:35:37 PM

monsta said:
you cant get better than that

monsta, stop trolling, enough is enough...

Are you an employee of Nvidia, or just a die hard fanboy, whichever it is, dude just go away... :pfff: 
a c 88 U Graphics card
July 4, 2008 10:28:54 PM

Cos I said "you cant get better than that"?
Its a compliment to his rig. Maxishine has great reviews.
Think you need to look up what "Troll" means instead of throwing it around cos you dont like Nvidia. You have just made a Troll of yourself.
Im here to stay, im entitled to my opinion just like everyone else, if you dont like it then maybe you should leave.
July 4, 2008 11:55:44 PM

monsta said:
Cos I said "you cant get better than that"?
Its a compliment to his rig. Maxishine has great reviews.
Think you need to look up what "Troll" means instead of throwing it around cos you dont like Nvidia. You have just made a Troll of yourself.
Im here to stay, im entitled to my opinion just like everyone else, if you dont like it then maybe you should leave.

Monsta sorry didn't know you had such a change of heart b/c as i recall and everybody else will, you started off trolling quite a bit, spouting off such nonsense left and right...

Glad to see you have some reason in you, welcome to the forums! :D 
July 4, 2008 11:59:30 PM

Some people actually like playing Crysis, just cause some people don't like it doesn't mean noone does. Its really anything but a bad game in my opinion, I like games that give you at least some freedom in your gameplay.

I do think that gtx280 3way SLI is total overkill though :p 
July 5, 2008 12:03:16 AM

ovaltineplease said:
Some people actually like playing Crysis, just cause some people don't like it doesn't mean noone does. Its really anything but a bad game in my opinion, I like games that give you at least some freedom in your gameplay.

I do think that gtx280 3way SLI is total overkill though :p 

It really isn't too bad of a game, just not a game I'd ever buy, it's the type you borrow from somebody beat it, and say wow not too shabby....
a c 88 U Graphics card
July 5, 2008 12:10:29 AM

Thanks for the welcome :) 
July 5, 2008 12:18:25 AM

FrozenGpu said:
It really isn't too bad of a game, just not a game I'd ever buy, it's the type you borrow from somebody beat it, and say wow not too shabby....

I actually like it a lot, I bought it and i'm playing through it for the fourth time now

Right now i'm playing on Delta with no silencers, iron sights only and no cloaking. It actually makes the game really challenging at times because you can't cheat with no cloak, lol

I think the game is way too easy with cloaking, and if you really want a challenge you have to just not use cloaking at all. Cloaking just messes with the AI too much and can trivialize quite a bit of the scenarios. I guess you could say that playing no cloak/iron sights makes it a lot more like playing Far Cry 1, really.
a b U Graphics card
July 5, 2008 12:44:47 AM

FrozenGpu said:
Monsta sorry didn't know you had such a change of heart b/c as i recall and everybody else will, you started off trolling quite a bit, spouting off such nonsense left and right...

Glad to see you have some reason in you, welcome to the forums! :D 

Good to see ya' playing nice. Everyone gets a chance to make a few mistakes.

And..., it's not like that stuff matters, cuz everyone knows Matrox is Numero UNO !! [:thegreatgrapeape:8]

Anywhoo, interesting watching the vids, but funny when he freaks out about never seeing the framerate before, but if he lowered the AA he'd likely get similar frames in a lesser solution if it were GPU-bound. But still pretty sweet.

I was kinda thinking why didn't he plug 3 of these in his rig instead, he's obviously not afraid to use a bit of the liquid;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Anywhoo, I enjoy Crysis enough that it was pretty entertaining watching that stretch, but you could still see that even with TriSLi the rig got stressed a fair amount with alot of time spent in the 30s and a few dips into the 20s. It's not really evident whether it's the CPU or the GPU that's the biggest culprit. I would think it's the CPU considering that the most stressful visual effects didn't affect framerate much, but the frames dropped considerably when actions were take, which would lead me to believe that the increased CPU overhead was the culprit.
July 5, 2008 2:43:18 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
I was kinda thinking why didn't he plug 3 of these in his rig instead, he's obviously not afraid to use a bit of the liquid;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I always wondered that myself, but I just assumed it was because he might use them in his son's rig which might not be watercooled - i'm really not sure, thats just a guess.

Anywhoo, I enjoy Crysis enough that it was pretty entertaining watching that stretch, but you could still see that even with TriSLi the rig got stressed a fair amount with alot of time spent in the 30s and a few dips into the 20s. It's not really evident whether it's the CPU or the GPU that's the biggest culprit. I would think it's the CPU considering that the most stressful visual effects didn't affect framerate much, but the frames dropped considerably when actions were take, which would lead me to believe that the increased CPU overhead was the culprit. said:
Anywhoo, I enjoy Crysis enough that it was pretty entertaining watching that stretch, but you could still see that even with TriSLi the rig got stressed a fair amount with alot of time spent in the 30s and a few dips into the 20s. It's not really evident whether it's the CPU or the GPU that's the biggest culprit. I would think it's the CPU considering that the most stressful visual effects didn't affect framerate much, but the frames dropped considerably when actions were take, which would lead me to believe that the increased CPU overhead was the culprit.

Its hard to say, you read my gtx260 SLI benchmarks I think; and I found it pretty odd how much of a hit Very High does have over High in terms of fps. I have pretty decent eyesight, and while I will admit that I do see some differences in Very High vs High - I do find it surprising that the framerate hit is so hard for a seemingly minor boost in IQ. Anyways, I get a feeling we might see some optimization here when Crysis Warhead comes out, they have discussed optimization a bit; but time will surely tell on that.
July 5, 2008 6:06:21 AM

I wonder how many Fps he would get if AA if off
July 5, 2008 6:22:41 AM

That is because he is running it on 1920 X 1200
but I know if he was running at 1400 X 900 it will be better FPS or even 1260 X 1080 he will have better FPS on CRYSIS.
a c 88 U Graphics card
July 5, 2008 6:45:36 AM

Cheers TheGreatGrapeApe.
I agree, guess the CPU is possibly culprit there.
I'm very curious to see what Nehalem would do for a Tri SLI set up like that.
a b U Graphics card
July 5, 2008 11:48:40 AM

the only think i cant make sense out of playing crysis, was with psycho standing on a ledge with a sniper rifle, shouting rubbish, while i was getting raped by a handful of koreans...
July 5, 2008 1:30:05 PM

wh3resmycar said:
the only think i cant make sense out of playing crysis, was with psycho standing on a ledge with a sniper rifle, shouting rubbish, while i was getting raped by a handful of koreans...

hehe, thats actually a bug (you prolly figured that); it depends on where you enter the area from as to whether or not he opens fire on them - and likewise whether they fire on him

Pretty big dev oversight really~
July 5, 2008 8:12:09 PM

monsta said:
Cheers TheGreatGrapeApe.
I agree, guess the CPU is possibly culprit there.
I'm very curious to see what Nehalem would do for a Tri SLI set up like that.

^+1

I really want to see the limits of crazy set-ups like that w/ nehalem as well!
!