1onething

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
i recntly bought new a computer i was bored one day i opened it up and i was really bored i inscrew the thing that plugs in the power and it was heavier than i thought it was when i tooke i try take it out its slip cause it heavier than i thot it fell my video card ad computer turn off and wont turn on, my computer expensive more than$1000 and no tv with it and i call hp and they no help, itold thats how it came and they still no help :fou:
can sumeon help me please, send money to get new a one

no buy hp day make weak parts very easy brake so day make more $m$o$n$e$y$

JDocs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
If I'm reading this correctly you took your graphics card out while the computer was running. Am I right?

Edit: I did read it wrong. Its worse than I thought...

rickzor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
lol, no offense on this one, but your english hurts my eyes.
Now you can take offense on this one, Dude, how stupid was that?
Show us some pictures of the damage because it may still be fixable. Maybe it were some SMD components that came out of place, and thats pretty much doable with some expert soldering .

leigh

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
You unscrewed the PSU while the PC was on, and dropped it on your graphics card? lol nice.

Now you don't have a computer to take up all your time, you can go and learn english :)

yadge

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007

Actually he dropped it onto the video card... I have a hard time believing this is true. Just because usually someone that doesn't know how heavy a power supply is would be too scared to touch the insides of a computer.

And he did it all while the computer was on....

This is just too bad to be real.

But anyway, just to be helpful, if you buy a new video card, and screw the power supply back in, you may be able to get your computer working again. We can walk you through the steps of installing a new video card. And hopefully you didn't damage anything else.

szwaba67

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
how do you take the power supply out while it's still on? even if you unscrew it and pull it out you only get a few inches out of the case before the internal cables start to tug.

to the op: my recommendation is to send me $1000 to build you a new computer

lameness

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
Gee lets think about it?? I can send money to someone who is either a scammer or so incredibly stupid that he doesn't deserve to live anyhow.

rickzor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
LOL, for a time i even though you were the op, but then i realized that the english was pretty average to be the op. I didnt got it, did you read the whole thread through?

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Next time *while it's still on* take off the coating on the PSU and stick your finger anywhere you find raw wire. Then take a class in English and try to tell us again.

rickzor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
i readed the ops post again, and i kent spik angrish annimol.
And the part when he asks money to get a new pc... i wasnt sure if i was supose feel sorry for him, or if i wanted to shoot him down with a shotgun in order to end his misery.

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

Actually that's a good call, b/c if you check it he edited his message so it makes me think that he spelled it wrong on purpose, definitely a troll.

Don't feel sorry b/c trolls don't have feelings or souls for that matter either, now Orcs on the other hand as Warcraft 2 has taught me that they do in fact have souls...

But not trolls...

epic_fail.jpg

Power supplies are supposed to be heavy.

caskachan

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
Guys lets take this guy seriously, this happened to me as well one time, there is a way to fix it, you can try a hot Reset, to the video card, its doable, i`ve have done it to several computers where i work and sometimes they get faster, as it cleasn the gpu pipelines

you have to turn on the power switch repeatedly, and you have to slide the video card in and out of the slot, i know you said it doesnt turn on, but trust me, there is a small moment when the fans start to work, oh by the way you can also try this with your ram, and it also unlocks some more mhz, you can get you 667mhz ram up to 700 or 800mhz as well

=D

blacksci

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008

Then YOU TOO are a TARD.
SERIOUSLY

copasetic

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008

I've heard if you give the card more power it'll run a lot faster. Companies don't make it easy for you, for obvious reasons, so you have to cut the red wire from one of your power connectors and solder it onto the board somewhere. Doesn't really matter where, as long as it's connected to one of the chips on the board. Then turn the computer on and viola, more power.

:lol:

You have learned a hard lesson. Power supplies can get heavy. and NEVER work on a machine thats on. The PSU is metal and may have caused fatal shorts to system parts when it fell.

The only thing you can do is take it apart and inspect all the parts for damage. If the video card is busted, you will have to get a new one.
What ever is damaged will need to be replaced.

HP will not warranty that because its almost considered abuse.