Vehicle Repairs

Dak

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003

I've read that SOE will soon be fixing the bug that allows you to fix your
speeder when leaving out at space/shuttleports.
Fixing this now leaves only 2 options to repair your vehicles at speeder
garages either in a static or player city.

For player cities, a mayor places a vehicle repair garage and can also apply
a "Usage Tax Fee" between 0 and 30 percent which is added to the surcharge
of a vehicle.
My questions are:
- are there player cities applying this usage fee and what percent ?
- do static cities also charge a percent above the repair cost ?
- how is vehicle damage cost calculated - meaning what is the rate applied.
Lets say your vehicle is 2400 and you've used 1000, what does it cost to
repair the 1000 ?
Tks

"dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> I've read that SOE will soon be fixing the bug that allows you to fix your
> speeder when leaving out at space/shuttleports.
> Fixing this now leaves only 2 options to repair your vehicles at speeder
> garages either in a static or player city.
>
> For player cities, a mayor places a vehicle repair garage and can also
apply
> a "Usage Tax Fee" between 0 and 30 percent which is added to the surcharge
> of a vehicle.
> My questions are:
> - are there player cities applying this usage fee and what percent ?
> - do static cities also charge a percent above the repair cost ?
> - how is vehicle damage cost calculated - meaning what is the rate
applied.
> Lets say your vehicle is 2400 and you've used 1000, what does it cost to
> repair the 1000 ?
> Tks

Different vehicles repair at different rates. Swoops cost the most to
maintain and Speeders the least. Player City Garages have a "tax" applied to
use them. Mayor decides tax. No big deal on "starting" planets, but on Dant
and Lok, Player cities are your only option...

MrThallid - Radiant

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:34:38 GMT, "MrThallid"
<jwoodwardiii@earthNOSPAMlink.net> wrote:

>"dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>> I've read that SOE will soon be fixing the bug that allows you to fix your
>> speeder when leaving out at space/shuttleports.
>> Fixing this now leaves only 2 options to repair your vehicles at speeder
>> garages either in a static or player city.
>>
>> For player cities, a mayor places a vehicle repair garage and can also
>apply
>> a "Usage Tax Fee" between 0 and 30 percent which is added to the surcharge
>> of a vehicle.
>> My questions are:
>> - are there player cities applying this usage fee and what percent ?
>> - do static cities also charge a percent above the repair cost ?
>> - how is vehicle damage cost calculated - meaning what is the rate
>applied.
>> Lets say your vehicle is 2400 and you've used 1000, what does it cost to
>> repair the 1000 ?
>> Tks
>>

>Different vehicles repair at different rates. Swoops cost the most to
>maintain and Speeders the least. Player City Garages have a "tax" applied to
>use them. Mayor decides tax. No big deal on "starting" planets, but on Dant
>and Lok, Player cities are your only option...
>
>MrThallid - Radiant

That makes sense. On the more remote outposts you SHOULD have a harder
time finding goods and services..... Either that or have them set up
for factions.

I've always said that the remote planets should have a 10 minute
shuttle schedule..... and the more settled planets should have more
frequent shuttles. That seems more realistic to me. But then I'm just
a dumb player to the Devs.

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

The problem is when the vehical is disabled, it cannot be repaired. You have
to buy a new bike. Crate of bikes anyone? lol

-Dare

It can be repaired you store it walk to vacinity of garage and then whip it
out and repair it.

"Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
> The problem is when the vehical is disabled, it cannot be repaired. You
have
> to buy a new bike. Crate of bikes anyone? lol
>
> -Dare

I carry crates of x34's, speederbikes, and swoops with me...but to sell, not
replace my older ones

Gnu Dushku, Master Weaponsmith, Illuminati, Rori, Intrepid

<Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:34:38 GMT, "MrThallid"
> <jwoodwardiii@earthNOSPAMlink.net> wrote:
>

> >"dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> >> I've read that SOE will soon be fixing the bug that allows you to fix
your
> >> speeder when leaving out at space/shuttleports.
> >> Fixing this now leaves only 2 options to repair your vehicles at
speeder
> >> garages either in a static or player city.
> >>
> >> For player cities, a mayor places a vehicle repair garage and can also
> >apply
> >> a "Usage Tax Fee" between 0 and 30 percent which is added to the
surcharge
> >> of a vehicle.
> >> My questions are:
> >> - are there player cities applying this usage fee and what percent ?
> >> - do static cities also charge a percent above the repair cost ?
> >> - how is vehicle damage cost calculated - meaning what is the rate
> >applied.
> >> Lets say your vehicle is 2400 and you've used 1000, what does it cost
> >> repair the 1000 ?
> >> Tks
> >>

> >Different vehicles repair at different rates. Swoops cost the most to
> >maintain and Speeders the least. Player City Garages have a "tax" applied
> >use them. Mayor decides tax. No big deal on "starting" planets, but on
Dant
> >and Lok, Player cities are your only option...
> >
> >MrThallid - Radiant
> >

> That makes sense. On the more remote outposts you SHOULD have a harder
> time finding goods and services..... Either that or have them set up
> for factions.
>
> I've always said that the remote planets should have a 10 minute
> shuttle schedule..... and the more settled planets should have more
> frequent shuttles. That seems more realistic to me. But then I'm just
> a dumb player to the Devs.

Mike

Splendid

wrote in message
> It can be repaired you store it walk to vacinity of garage and then whip it
> out and repair it.

Well I beg to differ, it might have at one time. But I had a swoop
that I let go all the way down to disabled and then wasnt able to
repair it at a garage. Got the error 'about not being able to repair a
disabled vehicle' makes sense though. Or otherwise there would never
ever be the need to buy new vehicles once you have one.

I will be glad when they have the HAM as a attribute that you can
view on the deed before you use it. Right now just because someone put
90% Experimental Durability doesnt mean it really does .. You have to
trust in the person that created the deed to be truthful.

Dak

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003

There are two different things here:
1. A speeder that is repairable
2. A disabled speeder

Once a speeder/vehicle has reached the point that it is disabled - it cannot
be repaired.
I find it's safer not to go beyond 50% of damage and get it repaired
soonest. Once the speeder goes BOOM, that's a good indication that you've
already left it too long. A few more booms after that and you got yourself
a disabled vehicle and it's time to buy a new one.

"Mike" <the_raftaman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> wrote in message
> > It can be repaired you store it walk to vacinity of garage and then whip
it
> > out and repair it.
> >

> Well I beg to differ, it might have at one time. But I had a swoop
> that I let go all the way down to disabled and then wasnt able to
> repair it at a garage. Got the error 'about not being able to repair a
> disabled vehicle' makes sense though. Or otherwise there would never
> ever be the need to buy new vehicles once you have one.
>
> I will be glad when they have the HAM as a attribute that you can
> view on the deed before you use it. Right now just because someone put
> 90% Experimental Durability doesnt mean it really does .. You have to
> trust in the person that created the deed to be truthful.

"dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:<FG2pc.40676$kc2.609426@nnrp1.uunet.ca>...

<snip>

> I find it's safer not to go beyond 50% of damage and get it repaired
> soonest. Once the speeder goes BOOM, that's a good indication that you've
> already left it too long.

but... but... a speeder looks so much cooler with all that smoke and
fire trailing out the back...

"moldy" <nickmeldrum@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> > I find it's safer not to go beyond 50% of damage and get it repaired
> > soonest. Once the speeder goes BOOM, that's a good indication that
you've
> > already left it too long.
>
> but... but... a speeder looks so much cooler with all that smoke and
> fire trailing out the back...

I thought the flames were an option you had to pay extra for ;)

- Oalan