Group Policy disabling

My friend is an administrator on a pc that he shares with his mom, but he cant install anything like his games, he has no parental control settings, and everytime he tries to install something it says blocked by group policy. We went on his moms account which is main admin, and attempted to turn off group policy, but the service could not be stopped nor would it disable. Her account has no issues doing what he cant. Found the way to disable it by going to admin tools, and then group policy management, but GPM is not in admin tools. I disabled the service in msconfig and reset and it turned back on. What do i do?

His mom isnt real technology smart to where she would activate a grout policy, if anything she'd do the parental controls. Hes an admin, he knows her account password as she told him so i dont think he meant to set something up on purpose

Head for Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Local Security Policy and see what settings look like in Software restriction Policies for starters. If that fails, hope like Hell that someone else comes along because I'm running Linux all night and can't get near a Windows system. :D

TRENDING THREADS