Sign in with
Your question
Closed

PC USB out to HDMI in!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 4, 2008 8:17:59 PM

Okay, I have searched and searched and come up very restricted answers about a solution for projecting my desktop on my television. VGA to HDMI converter box, that terrible little thing called s-video, etc. What I was thinking was, maybe there is a solution with utilizing my USB port to HDMI? Both digital, but I am assuming there would be software required? Not sure.

Any one have any experience doing something similar to this?

Thanks.

More about : usb hdmi

November 3, 2008 11:20:39 PM

Hi,
There is a USB to HDMI Converter on it's way from Atlona.
It takes USB and Audio though mini audio from sound card and converts it to HDMI
with embedded audio signal. There is a bisic software required to make it work, but other then that is it very user friendly
Related resources
March 10, 2010 3:20:29 PM

Well i thought it was a nice choice to but when i bought the atlona usb to hdmi At-hdpix i was thinking how easy it was going to be. I was mistaken. I have a hp touchsmart 600 and i tried to use my 40" sony hdtv as a monitor but it doesnt seem to be working, i called atlona and asked them if it was compatible with windows 7 and he said yes. Went ahead and gave me a website where i can download the newest driver for windows7 at displaylink.com installed it but still couldnt get it to work. Can someone help me or let me know what im doing wrong
June 16, 2010 12:30:31 AM

mrkarate said:
Well i thought it was a nice choice to but when i bought the atlona usb to hdmi At-hdpix i was thinking how easy it was going to be. I was mistaken. I have a hp touchsmart 600 and i tried to use my 40" sony hdtv as a monitor but it doesnt seem to be working, i called atlona and asked them if it was compatible with windows 7 and he said yes. Went ahead and gave me a website where i can download the newest driver for windows7 at displaylink.com installed it but still couldnt get it to work. Can someone help me or let me know what im doing wrong

Hey mrkarate, I dealing with the exact same issue, touchsmart 600 with only an hdmi in (what the heck was HP thinking, and how did I miss no hdmi OUT in the discription) any way if you find a soulution please post it here thanks
August 11, 2010 3:11:49 PM

touchdumb said:
Hey mrkarate, I dealing with the exact same issue, touchsmart 600 with only an hdmi in (what the heck was HP thinking, and how did I miss no hdmi OUT in the discription) any way if you find a soulution please post it here thanks

Has anyone got this to work yet or figure out a way to get from the HP Touchsmart to the TV?
August 11, 2010 7:48:17 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!