Hey guys,

Recently built a system for my brother:

UD3R mobo
i7 920
OCZ Platinum 6gb 1600
GTX 275
ocz fatality 550w PSU
WD caviar black 640gb

The system is up and running fine, but I had an issue when I started my overclocking tinkering.

I set the bclk to 180 to start, the vcore to 1.318ish and set the RAM timings and voltages to spec. I turned off intel turbo and speedstep options.

The computer booted fine to windows and I started a prime95 run where it BSODed after about 20 seconds. No problem...i'll just tweak the voltages more/lower the blck a bit.

When I rebooted the BIOS gave me an overclock failed message and it said it loaded the default settings or w/e. I figured this was fine, and went into the BIOS setup where, again, I was prompted with a message saying that some settings might not be compatible with the current state. I changed the settings a bit, saved and exited.

Well the PC booted to windows but the overclock didn't seem to take effect at all. The i7 was running at the stock 2.66. I restarted and tried again, but again got the same BIOS message and it seems that the mobo won't allow my changes to take effect. Any ideas?