CPU FAN ERROR!!! <-- In the words of Asus

apel444

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
Hi,

Recently i took my pc down from 3.0Ghz (overclocked) to its stock 2.4ghz.
(pc was too noisy to be running all night = couldn't sleep)

Now running at stock my mobo (asus dh-delux) is reporting CPU fan error. The only thing i can think is wrong is the fan is running at a mear 400rpm. Thus the mobo is interpreting the low speed as a fault, when its just really good cooling. The cpu is operating at 37C so i cant see a problem running the ran at such a low speed.

Is there anyway to disable this error message on boot up?

Thanks,
Apel444

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Look for a setting under your BIOS monitoring settings(Mine is called PC Health Settings), you should be able to disable the CPU Fan Speed warning (or some such setting).

Are you using Asus Probe by chance? I know with Asus boards I've had in the past, I have tried using their PC monitoring software. Never enjoyed it. And I've seen similar type problems with that.

Your BIOS may let you shut down the monitoring of the CPU fan speed, or you may be able to manually input through the BIOS a minimum speed setting for the fan. Thereby forcing it to run faster and appease your system's fan speed sensor.

Almost Smart

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008
Bump.

Hi, I hope you don't mind helping a new guy.

I am getting the same fan error message (different computer system) but I am unable to access the BIOS setup. I push F1 at the first boot up screen, then I get the error message, then the monitor blinks a couple times like the system is trying to open the BIOS, but then it just continues on a boots up and acts like normal. HP/Compaq couldn't help me at this point, and just said I should see an authorized repair center. Yeah, right.

Anyone? How do I access the BIOS setup? I've already done a full system recovery but the problem persists. The only non-stock piece of hardware is the PSU, but the system fan connects to the MB.

Thanks in advance.