best case fan for moving air p182

thegibbler

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
hi sooo i am looking at getting some more fans for my gameing rig and i was wondering what would the best fan be for my p182 i dont want to water cool and my room gets quite warm with my beast running and i just had these questions

1) will adding 3 more fans really do much

2) what fan will move the most air for my case
i am planing to point most of them at my video card

3)any recemendations on where to put the fans

4) do i want a fan with lots of static pressure or high CFM?

thanks for any help

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
If your room gets really warm, having more fans won't help all that much as the ambient air getting drawn into the case is already warm. Granted it still cools your components, it won't be as effective.

Pro tip: open a window or 2 while you're running your PC. In my room it gets warm enough to have the windows open a crack until 2-3 am while I'm on my comp and it helps.

Azgoroth

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
Ive got a Black P180. On mine there was room for 2 in the middle compartment, if you removed that middle internal drive holder. I have 2 4850's lined right up with that middle compartment so I stuck a fan in the front, there was an unused fan holder even. I went with another 3 speed antec fan like what came with the case. Very quiet. My room also heats up quite a bit (85-90F) once the computer is on, but I haven't had any overheating problems in the computer yet.

So yea, I recommend the antec fans, the three speeds is very handy to control the sound vs air flow.

tonyluu

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008

and it's been confirmed that the ultra kaze will fit in your case :D and it already has thick side panels and such so it'll decrease the sound right? so it'll do just fine