How to put dvd/cd drivers back in vista

jlsmalll

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
I think it happened after uninstall of I-tunes. Not in device mgr. Not in my computer. Found .inf files in other location but lack the opening program. No where to send it to anyway. Flashed the bios, bought a new drive, looked high and low for drivers just to find it is plug and play? Deleted the upper filters and lower and restarted. Those are gone. Fixit center didnt work. went through a thousand help and trouble shooters that all count on the drive being in device mgr. Cant locate drivers at hp site evidently they didnt manufacture this dvd/cdrom any more than you or me. Is this a hardware or software issue? Drive boot option is in bios, however it states only dvd/cd rom and not actual name, such as AD-7560A. Computer is a hp pavilion dv6809wm and dvd/cdrom says hp on the sticker and mic. Who makes this junk? Any way, I could sure use some pointers. will you help? thanks for the time jls.

"Can't locate drivers at hp site"

There's a good reason why you can't locate a driver for the CD/DVD drive -- the driver is built in to Windows so the various manufacturer's do not need to supply one. The built-in driver is a generic Microsoft driver which is compatible with all optical drive brands.

After the extensive troubleshooting you've already done, it seems that the drive may need replacing.

jlsmalll

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

Yes, that was my first thought also. So I bought a new one. Did not change a thing. Still not there. know anything about filters? class filters? If you have any tips for this that have to do with filters being used for the sd\mmc instead of the dvdrom please contact me . Thanks for your valuable time. jlsmall