Someone please check these numbers and correct as needed. I don't know
where I got them originally, so I can't check back to that source.

Personal- 720 cr/day 600 energy/day BER 4
Medium- 1440 cr/day 1200 energy/day BER 10
Heavy- 2160 cr/day 1800 energy/day BER 13

Windmill- 1440 cr/day BER 9
Solar- 1440 cr/day BER 8
Fusion- 1440 cr/day BER 14

The solar power harvester at BER 8 strikes me as wrong, since it would cost
the same as a Windmill to operate (and much more to buy), yet produce less
power. Or is the solar power resource much different from the availability
of wind or radioactives? I must admit that I haven't yet built a solar
survey device to check it.

"Tom Carman" <Tom_Carman@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> Someone please check these numbers and correct as needed. I don't know
> where I got them originally, so I can't check back to that source.
>
> Personal- 720 cr/day 600 energy/day BER 4
> Medium- 1440 cr/day 1200 energy/day BER 10
> Heavy- 2160 cr/day 1800 energy/day BER 13
>
> Windmill- 1440 cr/day BER 9
> Solar- 1440 cr/day BER 8
> Fusion- 1440 cr/day BER 14
>
> The solar power harvester at BER 8 strikes me as wrong, since it would
cost
> the same as a Windmill to operate (and much more to buy), yet produce less
> power. Or is the solar power resource much different from the
availability
> of wind or radioactives? I must admit that I haven't yet built a solar
> survey device to check it.

From my past experiences building up a noob Artisan is that while you can
get a BER 9 windmill cheaply, it is extremely difficult to locate a density
of over 35%. That is just me though. I never tried to use a solar
generator but given the fact that it's BER is slightly less but more costly,
I'm sure the densities can get quite high.

--
Maestro Sartori <GEEKO>
Warrant Officer 1 in the Imperial Army

Zacharias <GEEKO>
Imperial Private
Master Doctor and Artisan 0/0/2/4

Tom Carman wrote:

> Someone please check these numbers and correct as needed. I don't know
> where I got them originally, so I can't check back to that source.
>
> Personal- 720 cr/day 600 energy/day BER 4
> Medium- 1440 cr/day 1200 energy/day BER 10
> Heavy- 2160 cr/day 1800 energy/day BER 13
>
> Windmill- 1440 cr/day BER 9
> Solar- 1440 cr/day BER 8
> Fusion- 1440 cr/day BER 14
>
> The solar power harvester at BER 8 strikes me as wrong, since it would cost
> the same as a Windmill to operate (and much more to buy), yet produce less
> power. Or is the solar power resource much different from the availability
> of wind or radioactives? I must admit that I haven't yet built a solar
> survey device to check it.

Not sure of the exact numbers for most, but I've been told that BER 5 is doable
on a personal if the resources hit 1000 in the relevant areas (which is pretty
rare, but does happen). I haven't bothered to confirm this myself, though. For
personals and windmills, I know the cr/day is right, and I think the energy/day
is, also.

"Tom Carman" <Tom_Carman@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> Someone please check these numbers and correct as needed. I don't know
> where I got them originally, so I can't check back to that source.
>
> Personal- 720 cr/day 600 energy/day BER 4
> Medium- 1440 cr/day 1200 energy/day BER 10
> Heavy- 2160 cr/day 1800 energy/day BER 13
>
> Windmill- 1440 cr/day BER 9
> Solar- 1440 cr/day BER 8
> Fusion- 1440 cr/day BER 14
>
> The solar power harvester at BER 8 strikes me as wrong, since it would
cost
> the same as a Windmill to operate (and much more to buy), yet produce less
> power. Or is the solar power resource much different from the
availability
> of wind or radioactives? I must admit that I haven't yet built a solar
> survey device to check it.

If the person has skill tapes, enough to get another experimentation point
(10 points) then BER 14 minerals can be made, I just replaced my fleet of
ber 10 med's with ber 14 heavies

"Ghost Dog" <Godislove4ever@cox.net> wrote in message

> "Tom Carman" <Tom_Carman@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> > Someone please check these numbers and correct as needed. I don't
know
> > where I got them originally, so I can't check back to that source.
> >
> > Personal- 720 cr/day 600 energy/day BER 4
> > Medium- 1440 cr/day 1200 energy/day BER 10
> > Heavy- 2160 cr/day 1800 energy/day BER 13
> >
> > Windmill- 1440 cr/day BER 9
> > Solar- 1440 cr/day BER 8
> > Fusion- 1440 cr/day BER 14
> >
> > The solar power harvester at BER 8 strikes me as wrong, since it
would
> cost
> > the same as a Windmill to operate (and much more to buy), yet
produce less
> > power. Or is the solar power resource much different from the
> availability
> > of wind or radioactives? I must admit that I haven't yet built a
solar
> > survey device to check it.
>
> If the person has skill tapes, enough to get another experimentation
point
> (10 points) then BER 14 minerals can be made, I just replaced my fleet
of
> ber 10 med's with ber 14 heavies

There are also 14s that were created on the one day the crafting changes
were on live. I'm not sure how that day throws the original equation
off... could there be BER 15s, or does all the extra experimentation go
into hopper size? Also, there are fusions that go up over 24 (highest
I've heard of) from back when they weren't limited. Those are crazy
expensive though.

- Oalan

Dak

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003

This sounds really interesting I've never heard of skill tapes giving
harvesters a BER14. You really need to tell me how you go about this, where
and how the skill tape(s) is supposed to go or be used ?
Tks

"dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> This sounds really interesting I've never heard of skill tapes giving
> harvesters a BER14. You really need to tell me how you go about this,
where
> and how the skill tape(s) is supposed to go or be used ?
> Tks

<snip>

I didn't say anything about going about it, I bought them from someone,
seeing as how I had to put in an order, then I assumed that we were talking
about experimentation, not really sure exactly how the arch prof works.

"Tom Carman" <Tom_Carman@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:<c5jtn8$pg9$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>...
> Someone please check these numbers and correct as needed. I don't know
> where I got them originally, so I can't check back to that source.
>
> Personal- 720 cr/day 600 energy/day BER 4
> Medium- 1440 cr/day 1200 energy/day BER 10
> Heavy- 2160 cr/day 1800 energy/day BER 13
>
> Windmill- 1440 cr/day BER 9
> Solar- 1440 cr/day BER 8
> Fusion- 1440 cr/day BER 14

We also have some BER 11 Mediums on our server. Built on the
'perfect' crafting day.

Also pre-nerf BER 18(?) Fusions may be available but I've never seen
one of those.

Solar power is better because you can find 70% spots. Fusion is the
best however as you get double the amount you harvest when get a
decent radioactive spawn.