Is the ANTEC TWELVE HUNDRED really Full Tower or Mid Tower ATX?

shaitan00

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
For my new upcoming system I wanted to ensure to get a large enough case, for too long have I been plagged with a Mid-Tower ATX case where everything almost fits and temperatures reach the boiling point.

Therefore I did some quick research and found a case that I thougth fit my needs perfectly (panel on top, full tower, no front door I need to open)...
ANTEC TWELVE HUNDRED Ultimate Gaming Case

From what I can see (on Newegg for example) this case seems amazing, Full ATX Tower with 5x 120mm & 1x 200mm fans, ample room for my system and still a lot of free space for good ventilation - I was sold...
But this morning I was looking for good prices and noticed some stores had this case listed as a MID-TOWER ATX... and that had me worried...

So - I wanted to ask the experts - which is it? Full- or Mid- ?
And of course - while I am at it - what does the general population think of this computer case?

Anyone actually own one or know for sure? Or have something else they would recommend (for the $172 CDN cost)...
Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

[Profile]
CPU: INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9450
MOTHERBOARD: Asus X48 DDR2/DDR3 (still debating on which one)
VIDEO: ASUS/SAPHIRE 4870 (Arctic AccelS1 rev2 with dual fans)
RAM: 2x2G OCZ DDR2/DDR3 (still debating on which one)
HDD: 4x Western Digital SATA2 500GB
2x Western Digital PATA 320GB

sailer

Splendid
The Antec 1200 is basically a taller 900 case, with a couple extras. As for the differences between a mid-tower and a full tower, its often very close to the point that you might find a case listed as a mid tower that is taller than another case that is listed as a full tower. The only way to know for sure is to compare dimensions.

One case that I have is truly a bit different, a Thermaltake Eureka. It is about 2" deeper, allowing for an easier fit with extra long video cards. Unfortunately, it only came with a couple fans, so I had to add extras. Not a big deal, but an annoyance.

rgsaunders

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007
Does it really matter? If it holds what you want it to and provides the ventilation etc you desire, then buy it. Trying to find a definitive statement as to whether or not it is a mid or full tower is fruitless, at this point in time there is no clear cut line which defines one from the other. Mid vs Full size in consumer computer cabinets is more an exercise in marketing than in true definition.

theblackbird

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
Check http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=12726&page=1

I always wonder tho, why gamers settle for tons of cooling with all the noise that comes with it. I'm a gamer as well, bought me a P182 silent case, threw out 1 of the 3 case coolers, set everything on low and it's whisper silent. It's so silent I sometimes wonder if I turned my system on or not...

Sure, things get a bit hotter, but nothing CPU/GPU/motherboard can't take...

Witt78

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008

Air cooling really isn't that loud anymore. Most of the fans are larger than those used in the past. Therefore they can spin slower and still move a lot of air. Little fans like to scream at you but are not often used anymore.

My last computer blew up because of heat. So the computer I just built was constructed with aggressive air cooling in mind. Currently I have SIX giant fans running in my case. It's sitting next to me and is quieter than the fish tank all the way across the room.

----------------

As for your case... Antec makes VERY good cases. (Great Power Supplies too) All size issues aside, you're case is a nice one.

- Witt