I used setfsb to overclock my emachine t3504, but cpu doesnt change!

darkmwar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
ok, so i used setfsb, found the correct pll. and i adjust some numbers, and click set FPS button. So if i want to overclock my CPU, is that mean i have to leave the program on everytime? How do i know its overclocked? The number under properties, my computer doesnt change. It stays at 3.2 Ghz and in setfsb i over clocked it to 4.2Ghz. How do i make setfsb work to overclock my computer?

r_manic

Administrator
[strike]Errr... what CPU are you using?[/strike]

Sorry, didn't read your title.

When you change settings, do you always check what appears in your BIOS? If your settings are changing automatically, you'd see it there :D

AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009

You can't typically OEM computesr have locked BIOS's. To OP try ClockGen?

AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
ALso use CPU-Z to check the CPU speed, and to see if it was overclock or not. Watch temps, stress test and don't overclock a large amount at a time. Go slow.

darkmwar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008

Thx, i used fsb and enter the number i found on a pin on my motherboard, then i overclocked it to 4.2 ghz and ran benchmark program and it actually improved., the performance of my cpu.
j

darkmwar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008

When i use stress tests, the coolcpu freezes and cause me to unable to see what the highest temperture is. and the graph is way too hard to check. is there a software that can record the highest temp and stress test at the same time?