Sign in with
Your question
Solved

100% cpu on video

Last response: in Windows Vista
February 21, 2013 8:52:03 PM

I have an older HPpavilliondv6000, over the last couple of years I have fought my on line video going to 100% utilization, locking up the video and unsyned (sp) the audio, some times locking the whole environment for several minutes. I have been on line and read about many, many others who have a much superior systems to mine that, that have had the same occurrences. This happens with the three major web browsers and specifically Netflix and Hulu but not Youtube. I see this happening more and more. I have been through many addon trials ... there must be an overall problem ???

Thank You for any insite ...

More about : 100 cpu video

Best solution

February 22, 2013 7:45:45 AM

Addons will not help. You have to change the flash player settings to make it take advantage of your GPU instead of CPU, since that will do a much better job at processing video.
February 22, 2013 3:21:05 PM

Thank You ! I was just starting to look at memory differences. If you have specific suggestion I would appreciate them ? I currently have Shockwave Flash 11.6.602.168

John
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2013 3:21:19 PM

Best answer selected by BigJ_5656.
m
l
February 23, 2013 1:10:48 AM

You should have Adobe Flash to be able to play online videos. Shockwave Flash is different.
m
l
March 8, 2013 5:38:36 PM

Hi, Yes, I have Adobe Flash. I have been experimenting with increasing my video RAM, no luck with this system. I installed Windows 8, that solved the cpu at 100% problem. Although the problem didn't go away. Does Win 8 allow increasing the the shared video amount, since my bios does not seam to allow adjusting the amount ?
Thanks,
John
m
l
!