Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glo4

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
Frontier took over Verizon. I Never had any problems untill the takeover. I can recieve mail,but I do get an error message after downloading, but I can NOT send an email, and I took get an error message. I have been been with 5 different techs and have changed everything and back again. I got a call for some higher up and said it must be some computer setting?? I can get on thier web-mail which I hate. I am unfortunetally on dial up do to location, and it takes over 5min to open it. My question is does anyone have a clue as to what I might try to get back to using Outlook Express again? I am not very savvy with computer setttings.
Thanks, Gloria

mohitstellar

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Here you can try Stellar Outlook Express Repair software which is an excellent software to repair & restore corrupt Outlook Express DBX files. Outlook Express Repair tool successfully repair corrupt or damaged dbx files and recover objects like email, contacts, notes, tasks and journals. It enable you to send & receive emails within few clicks.

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I had trouble with Outlook express on my old machine just before I moved everything to my new computer.
I ended up dumping OLE in favor of Outlook. I think what happens is that Outlook Express can't handle really large database files.
I had no trouble up until late last year.

In your case; check the out going mail settings. It sounds like they might be different than they use to be,
Be sure to check & see if you are using the correct ports & that your firewall / virus program isn't blocking them.
Go to your providers web site & see what they recommend, as most providers have a tutorial on how to configure your e-mail programs.
Wow, they still have dial-up connections.....

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.