NZXT Hush FP Audio Problem

Toddneyx

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Hi,

My friend and I recently built a PC, with a NZXT Hush Case and a IP35-E motherboard. However, we have since noticed a problem with the front panel headphone port, which keeps dropping the sound and seems to have a bad connection in the wiring/soldering.

When we plug the headphone in, it works straight away if we are lucky (50:50 chance). However, if we move the headphone jack slightly, then the drop will drop, and will only come out of the one earspeaker. We then have to twist the cable until the sound comes back. This is very annoying as you can imagine.

We have changed the case already, and the headphones, but this did not help. Could it be related to the motherboard somehow?

Any suggestions are welcome.

major53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
Toddneyx I have the same problem but with apollo nzxt,if I use the back panel plug it work great,but if I use side audio and mic connection I have to twist the jacks around until it will work.I also beleave groo is correct about it not being a mobo problem.I am useing hd header front panel connection.I think it's just a problem on my side panel though.I belave it the connector themself.one day I'll fix it,but sense the back panel works great ,I'll us them for now. :bounce:

Toddneyx

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Thanks for the response, seems it is common amongst the NZXT range of PC cases then. It really is annoying, as my friend uses both speakers and headset for gaming, and therefore needs something easy to switch between.

Toddneyx

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Just thought of an idea - could I install a soundcard into a pci slot, and then plug the speakers into this? And at the same time, have my headphones plugged into the onboard sound port?

How easy would it be to switch between in Windows?

major53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
Toddneyx they make a y cable that you can plug up two different audio devices on one plug.and I beleave if you install a sound card you would have to disable on board sound.so I don't beleave that will work

http://www.jr.com/belkin/pe/BKN_F8V234GLDAP/ this may work for what you are asking

G

I also have an NZXT Hush and the front speaker and mic jacks doesn't work if you don't press the cables really hard into the jacks, but they slip out again if you don't hold them there. So I removed the front today and tried to figure out what was the problem. I noticed that the jacks are sitting too far away from the chassi itself, but when I tried to move it closer the screw holes prevent me from doing that as they also are sitting too far away. I managed to place one screw a little skew against the screw hole so that the card came a little closer to the chassi on the upper side. And after that I managed to plug in my headset to the front panel, but there is still one problem; I hear a little static noise in my headphones. It's not caused by bad contact, but however if I'm listening to music or something else I don't notice it, but if it's silent, I do. This problem may be caused by me handling the card without an anti-static bracelet, but the main problem I guess is caused by the chassi, that doesn't allow the cables to go long enough into the jacks.