monitor issues

mcmurrayj

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
I have a Viewsonic VX2035wm monitor and when I open or close new programs my screen goes a bit wonky. For lack of a better description, a green haze or fuzz appears on the screen. I don't know if it has anything to so with my video card settings or if it is a hardware problem. It happened on my old system as well as my new one. Turning my monitor on and then off takes care of the problem but that just seems like a stopgap solution. I'm darn near a computer illiterate so please be kind with any responses you might have.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
at a guesstimate i would say that you need to examine your video card,make sure it's edge connectors are clean,a good eraser and brushing helps,and that it is properly seated in it's connector,and make sure that all cables are firmly attached where needed..:)
also if the video cable is old try moving it to see if there are any changes if so,replace same.......

mcmurrayj

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
the monitor itself is less than a year old and the computer is right out of the box yesterday from Dell. The native resolution is 1680 x 1050 and it almost always seems to happen when I go in and out of a program that isn't set to that resolution.