simon1980111

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
I'm building a new system and am wondering if there are some knowledgeable people out there who would make a recomendation fo me?
I will spend $1500 to $2300, it's not needed for gaming really, more multitaksing and quality of images displayed/ photos, downloads etc, I want extremely fast load times and no lagging or slowing down of the system as I run many programs at once all day and night sometimes. I'm 'loosely' considering a q9450 (or q9550 if the 3rd quarter intel prices drop as their meant to), vitsa 64, 8 gig ram, 750 hard drive, gt 9800 or better, 22 in screen, wireless board and mouse (no transfer of old equipment) - but i'm open to suggestion (obviously) and yeah want to bounce this idea off as many learnt people as possible...

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
I like a wireless mouse, but have had troubles with wireless keyboards for some reason.

sounds like a quad core would be right for you, but virtualy any quad should be up to what you want, so get an energy efficient one.

I like my 22" monitor, but wish I'd sprung for a 24". the 22 may become somebodys christmas gift.

I've always heard ATI has better looking graphics than nVidia. a 4850 should more than do what you want (out monday). if you go nVidia look into thier hybrid power setup.