Sign in with
Your question

Please help!!!!

Last response: in Windows Vista
February 24, 2013 2:44:50 AM

Okay, so my grandmas computer was working perfect but some how it won't even come up. It acts like it will but then it comes to a screen where all it say is no input signal change settings to 1024x768-60Hz I'm usually pretty good at fixing things like this but I've tried everything I know and its not working for nothing. It is a windows HP computer. The weird thing is I can hear the computer actually coming up but its not letting off of that screen! PLEASE HELP!!!! :pfff:  :/ 

More about : question

a b α HP
February 24, 2013 1:14:44 PM

The display resolution and/or refresh rate is at a setting that the monitor does not support.

Start Windows in safe mode and uninstall the video driver.

Then, restart Windows in normal mode,

re-install the video driver and set the resolution & refresh -rate as requested by the monitor (1024x768 @ 60Hz)
m
l
February 24, 2013 4:30:56 PM

I have started it in safe mode but it doesnt even turn all the way on so I cant do anything!
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 25, 2013 7:23:34 PM

What happens when it goes into safe mode?

Do you have another monitor you can plug into the PC?
m
l
February 25, 2013 8:51:44 PM

It will act like its coming on it goes to the windows logo then to a black screen saying to change my settings and there's no input signal.
m
l
February 25, 2013 8:57:52 PM

it sounds like the resolution with the monitor might not be compatable. You can test this if you have another monitor to hook this up to.
m
l
February 25, 2013 9:25:43 PM

Okay! Thank you!
m
l
!