Resolution problem w/ projector & Windows media center

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
September 14, 2005 3:07:25 PM

I'm having trouble using / setting up my Projector, a Sharpvision
XV-10000, w/ my Windows Media Center PC. The problem is I can't get
the projected image to fill the screen. When I set the PC resolution to
1280x720, or any 16.9 ratio for that mater... I get nothing.. Yet when
I set it to 1024x768 I get the image with "bars" on the sides.
I've tried all the widescreen resolutions my video car supports and I
can not get any of them to work. Any Ideas?
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 3:35:48 PM

Sounds like the refresh rate your PC is putting out is not recognized
by the projector. You might need to use software like Powerstrip to
force your vid card to do what you want.

You might ask at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb, someone there will
almost certainly be able to help you.

Good luck,
Gerald

Alan wrote:
> I'm having trouble using / setting up my Projector, a Sharpvision
> XV-10000, w/ my Windows Media Center PC. The problem is I can't get
> the projected image to fill the screen. When I set the PC resolution to
> 1280x720, or any 16.9 ratio for that mater... I get nothing.. Yet when
> I set it to 1024x768 I get the image with "bars" on the sides.
> I've tried all the widescreen resolutions my video car supports and I
> can not get any of them to work. Any Ideas?
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:20:23 PM

On 14 Sep 2005 11:07:25 -0700, Alan wrote:

> I'm having trouble using / setting up my Projector, a Sharpvision
> XV-10000, w/ my Windows Media Center PC. The problem is I can't get
> the projected image to fill the screen. When I set the PC resolution to
> 1280x720, or any 16.9 ratio for that mater... I get nothing.. Yet when
> I set it to 1024x768 I get the image with "bars" on the sides.
> I've tried all the widescreen resolutions my video car supports and I
> can not get any of them to work. Any Ideas?

Did you try Auto-Sync? What about the Special Modes?

Brad Houser
September 14, 2005 5:07:52 PM

Tried the 3 different modes.. Will try autosync tonite!!
!