G

Anyone out there have any experience of these? Arduino . Seem to me that with a few thermistors and a cheap darlington array to drive the fans / pumps you would have a very low cost programable fan controller that could handle a lot of fans / pumps / temp sensors. Sort of like a cheap (£25) do-it-yourself m-cubed T-balancer, only much smaller (esp if using the mini Arduino).
I don't actually need to do this (only have 3 fans in an matx case), but these things are pretty cheap so unless someone here replies with "tried it - didn't work" i'll give it a go.

Stuart

r_manic

Administrator
Give it a go man... let us know how it goes! :)

What I don't understand though is how you to control everything through the semiconductor? Do you plan to build a GUI-based manager?

G

Yes and no - the whole thing is programmable, so the code to control the fans/read the temps and the probe resistance-to-temperature look up tables are stored in flash memory on the card, it's like having a separate computer dedicated to manging the PC cooling - once you set the desired temperatures through the 'GUI-based manger' it will run autonomously. I suppose I could minimise the manager and have it report the fan speeds / probe temps in the system tray. Given my level of coding this could be asking for memory leaks though, the attraction of the arduino was that the code to program it looks too simple to get wrong and once set up it requires no resources at all.
That's the theory anyway, the board will arrive next week and the fun begins then. Will post results.

Stuart