Creative X-Fi Titanium and My Xbox 360

lcrakel

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
So I just bought the Creative xfi titanium with I/O panel. One of the reasons I bought this card was because it had SPDIF in and out. Ideally, I wanted to use my 360's SPDIF and run that into my sound card to have the audio play through my computer speakers. But it isn't working out as easy as I thought it would. I have searched around and haven't found a solid answer. Some people say it might be possible, some say it's not. One thing that might be the problem is my sound card isn't able to decode Dolby Digital Live. It will only encode. I also ran across a link to AC3 Filter which I read can decode the signal. Really this is just frustrating. I thought this wouldn't be a problem at all. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
just because sound is going into your sound card doesnt automatically mean it is going to play the sound out.

there is something you could do, firstly i think creative Cards come with software whihc has some routing capablities. if you can you need to rout the sound to your output.

now i know that in windows vista that if you right click on the speaker logo in cornor of your screen, then go to recoroding devices, then right click on input devices; then go porperties, then goto the level tab, click the unmute button and moving the slider up will play the input through the sound card.

however im sure it not to different in windows XP.

lcrakel

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I tried what you said. I made a little progress. If I were to co into sound recorder, I am able to record what my xbox is playing. Yet I still can't hear the sound through my speakers. Thanks for the response though.

*Update* I got the sound to come out of my speakers. Only problem is it's 2.1. Any suggestion to get the full 5.1 surround sound?

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
is 5.1 enabled in XBOX? does your speaker reciever accept SPDIF, if so get a Y cable (if possible) and by pass the computer entirely

lcrakel

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I finally found a definitive answer. Unfortunately, it's not what I was hoping for. As of now, I need support for Real Time Dolby Digital decoding from SPDIF-IN. It seems that the creator of AC3Filter may be working on the feature though. Thanks for the help though.