Is there a MOBO that supports two Quad Core processors?

Spitfire7

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
I am trying to build the fastest video editing system I can. I may be getting ahead of myself, but is there a mobo that supports two quad core processors? Second question has technology even gotten up to that yet where Adobe Premiere would even benefit from that?

Zenthar

Distinguished
There are many LGA771 (Xeon) boards that would support dual Quad-Core Xeons, but most of those platforms have serious drawbacks when it comes to GPU support/performance. Even Skulltrail, aimed at gaimers, fell a little short of expectations.

As for Adobe Premiere support of such a platform, I have no idea ... you can try asking their support guys.

stabgotham

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
I can't remember where I read this, but I do remember reading it. An article benchmarking the Skulltrail system using two Q9770's (or Q9775...whatever), but that it didn't provide any real world performance gains to the consumer. Not yet anyways. I think where that primarily came from was the fact that so many programs don't yet even take advantage of 4 cores, let alone 8.

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Mac Pro is actually a good option for this. Dual quad core Xeons.

Or you can build a dual 771 system. You can find boards that support anywhere from 16GB to 128GB of RAM.