Buy now or wait? Conspiracy at Intel?

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
So I'm getting a new system blah blah blah new cpu whatever. Um but the thing is should i wait b/c i dont think the new cpus are going to be that good. Heres y though this one guy i was talking to said that he was in the military over in IRAQ and for some reason they had to call up Intel to fix something and Intel couldn't tell them how to fix it or what they needed to do because the person who made the chip got fired or quit or died or something. So now intel only knows how to manufacture their chip. Aight so I'm not saying this is what I believe in this conspiracy from this guy or not I'm just asking if anybody knows about anything about this or if this makes sense to anyone. Opinions are welcomed too although they probably wont help but should I wait? And if not what cpu should i get that wont be a bottleneck but still would make sense to upgrade when something better comes out?

Considering that the Bradleys use Pentium IIs (had a friend in the Army who was a computer guy for them) thats what he could be talking about. But the thing is Intel does not make the Pentium IIs anymore and also the only thing they could do is RMA the chip or part thats being used.

Thats all I can think of.

As for what the OP wants I have no idea in all of Jebus Town.

JDocs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
Known fact 1: Intel, AMD, VIA etc... CPUs all have eratica that can cause strange behaviour or system crashes.

Known fact 2: Most eratic (only real expection to this in recent times is AMD's TLB bug) are only encountered when executing invalid instructions.

Anything from Intel's 45nm Core2 range shoudn't bottle neck you.

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008

Yea that actually makes a whole lot of sense, actually. Thanks!

jeb1517

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2007

I don't think just one person makes a CPU.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006

Well, That is only partially true.

Intel was using a captured alien from the Roswell Crash to help Build/Design their CPUs.
I read in the World Weekly News that he died in the Spring.

So, while he was not a "Person", I think Intel is in trouble now.
They will no longer be able to easily advance their Alien Technology.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
ya.. they are blue too:

Blue%20Man%20Group.jpg

I think they try to look like us, but they may be color blind.

metrazol

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007

So what do you expect? An Intel repairman to come out with a nanometer scale soldering gun to repair a malfunctioning chip?

Get off the crack before it's too late.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Put the crack pipe down and slowly walk away......

Hey man.... I gave you proof.. that picture is real man...

And no, I will not drop my crack pipe.. I paid plenty for that pipe. So no, I'm not going to put the pipe I crack people over the head with, since they think I'm crazy, and I don't want them near me.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
wow this is kinda sad.

One person does not create a processor, there will be a team... the other 80,000+ Intel employees require something to do!

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
LOL yea thats pretty funny. But theres always someone at the head of the operation who designs but yea I'm not to worried about it anymore. I just dont want to have to upgrade my mobo for a new cpu now. Thats all i'm worried about now. Love the Blue man group thread btw lmfao!!

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
Wasn't there new on the right side that told how NASA, for the space shuttle, had to go eBay because intel couldn't supply the 8088 or 8086 anymore?

sailer

Splendid
This is been a consistent problem for our military. They decide on a computer technology to use, but by the time they implement it, its obsolete, and then when it starts breaking down, its all but impossible to fix. of course, no one in the Pentagon is smart enough to simply upgrade to a newer tech, thus saving lots of weight from the old stuff and getting fantastically better performance from the new stuff. Think of how much better the space shuttles might work if they dumped the old big and heavy 8088 computers for a modern computer with 9450 chips. Wow! Instead of only addressing 512k of ram, they could address 16 gig or more of ram, etc.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
I was just about to mention the 8088 and the space shuttle and someone beat me to it. I believe NASA had to go on eBay to buy more of them since Intel has long since stopped making them. Sad.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
This is why the private sector is slowly taking on the task of space exploration. Engineering demands efficiency, which definitely does not come from the bureaucratic cluster **** that is the U.S. government and NASA.

g13man

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006

yea , and i had 2 sleeves of those processors [50] that i had just thrown away to clear out the junk as i downsized due to bankruptcy ! nasa was buying old equipment to get them . if i had gotten notice 2 month prior.. i would have not needed to filed bankruptcy [ and kept my house.]. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the injustice of life...NASA uses them on the shuttle and test gear [hardwired] for the shuttle..