Sign in with
Your question

How do you setup RAID?

Last response: in Storage
October 16, 2009 2:48:00 AM

After long pondering I have finally decided that an SSD is way to expensive for me, and that I'm going to setup a RAID 0 for the system I'm building. Quick question. Is it true that a WD 160GB Caviar Blue is just as fast as an old WD 74GB Raptor? And if yes, then are two of those caviar blue's a good choice for the setup? And lastly, can someone point me to where I can find exactly how to install a RAID 0 array on my system. I will be installing Windows 7 when I put it together. Thanks in advance!

More about : setup raid

a b G Storage
October 16, 2009 7:00:21 AM

Have you taken a look at the RAID FAQ? Aside from being a briefer on RAID, it also provides basic instructions on setting up an array.
m
l
a c 107 G Storage
October 16, 2009 7:23:42 AM

coltonimusprime said:
After long pondering I have finally decided that an SSD is way to expensive for me, and that I'm going to setup a RAID 0 for the system I'm building. Quick question. Is it true that a WD 160GB Caviar Blue is just as fast as an old WD 74GB Raptor? And if yes, then are two of those caviar blue's a good choice for the setup? And lastly, can someone point me to where I can find exactly how to install a RAID 0 array on my system. I will be installing Windows 7 when I put it together. Thanks in advance!

Im not sure about those Cavier Blues. I know the Cavier Black 640 and 1tb models bench like old Raptors.
m
l
!