creature handler need help

i'm having trouble getting good experience for creature handler. i've been
going at it for days now and i only have 4K. i read somewhere on here that
the Geonosian Cave is a good place to go but where on yavin is it exactly?
and since i don't have any skills except novice so all my pets are very weak
and barely do any damage. so how do i get experience fast and is that the
only way to get strong pets?

"who" <r@u.com> wrote in message
> i'm having trouble getting good experience for creature handler. i've
been
> going at it for days now and i only have 4K. i read somewhere on here
that
> the Geonosian Cave is a good place to go but where on yavin is it
exactly?
> and since i don't have any skills except novice so all my pets are
very weak
> and barely do any damage. so how do i get experience fast and is that
the
> only way to get strong pets?

One of the best things to do when you are first starting out is hang out
in the newbie zone around a city. Mos Entha would be perfect for that.
Send your pets in to attack the newbie critters, and after they hit
once, waste the critter with whatever combat skills you have. You get
more XP the younger/smaller/weaker your pet is.

I've been told that my pets (BE) gave customers 100xp per kill in the
newbie zone. If you figure out how quickly you can kill them (and you
only need 40 to reach your current level), it goes pretty quick until
you can get more pets to speed the process up some, though not as fast
as it use to be. The goodness comes from the speed (almost constant)
that you get XP, rather than big chunks every so often, you get small
chunks constantly.

Hope that helps
- Oalan

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:47:41 GMT, "who" <r@u.com> wrote:

>i'm having trouble getting good experience for creature handler. i've been
>going at it for days now and i only have 4K. i read somewhere on here that
>the Geonosian Cave is a good place to go but where on yavin is it exactly?
>and since i don't have any skills except novice so all my pets are very weak
>and barely do any damage. so how do i get experience fast and is that the
>only way to get strong pets?

Tame and train every baby you see. You get points for taming them and
even more for training. For every command you train you get 100
points ... work up the tree that will give you the most commands
first. Taming and training the lowest level pets will give you as a
novice up to 500 points. Use your babies to hunt more low lvl pets
until they are full grown, then return them to the wild and start with
a new baby. CH is is grind but at least you continue getting XP and
you harvest loads of hides, bone, and meat that sell on the market for
3c/unit and up. Stick to newbie zones to start with ... a whole lot
easier to find babies to train. Going to high lvl areas will only get
you and baby killed early on. If your baby dies you don't get any XP.

MeeTu - Master Scout/Master CH/Novice Ranger

ok, so it took me forever to master creature handler...and during that time,
I gained a certain affinity towards the painfully slow process...took me 4
months overall...but I was simply enjoying the ride..

the last few days of CH was the toughest...thats when I became completely
bored with it and wanted to try something else...but I was at 4/4/3/1.

heres what I found that made me get more XP in a couple hours than in the
whole months and months beforehand

Goto Ft tusken with a lvl 15 or so creature...just one (since they nerfed
the double creature full XP bonus)....usually the fort is camped, which in
this case is a good thing...look for warlords, chiefs, etc...actually,
anything...but lets take a chief for example here.

Wait till he is being attacked by others, then when the chief is lookin
rather unhealthy, send pet in to get a hit or two...keep healing on pet to
make sure it doesn't fall, then call back when it made a couple hits on the
tusken...you should be getting 1-2k CH XP per kill, most people wont mind
your little guy coming up and slapping real quick, so long as you explain
your not stealing kills, but just getting a little CH XP with a wimpy pet
that wont effect the battle anyhow...and you should be leveling in no
time...just make sure to keep pet healthy at all time, more important than
your personal health really...

Saturn Effects
Sunrider