Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

"T3 or not T3".. That is the question :-)

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 3:49:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Folks,

Wonder if you want to try and convince me....?

Have been running a TT for over a year now, and a Visor Edge before that.

NO problem with the TT, but am thinking of upgrading. I've waited for the
latest Palm release (T5), but no Cobalt, or multitasking. as a number of
people thought, so I "aint buying that one!"

So..

Try and convince me why I should OR should NOT buy the T3. Goods points/bad
points.

Over to you folks.

Cheers

:-)

More about : question

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 4:59:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

"Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
news:ck4g6p$2d5$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Folks,
>
> Wonder if you want to try and convince me....?
>
> Have been running a TT for over a year now, and a Visor Edge before that.
>
> NO problem with the TT, but am thinking of upgrading. I've waited for the
> latest Palm release (T5), but no Cobalt, or multitasking. as a number of
> people thought, so I "aint buying that one!"
>
> So..
>
> Try and convince me why I should OR should NOT buy the T3. Goods
> points/bad
> points.
>
> Over to you folks.
>
> Cheers
>
Well, if I were considering an upgrade to a T3 I would skip that and go
right to the T5. I have a T3 so the T5 is not different enough for me to
make the jump, but for you the T5 offers more features and only a $50 price
difference. The difference in memory capacity alone is probably worth the
$50. Also, the T5 has a larger battery which should give you more time away
from the battery charger. The T3 is nice because you can collapse the unit
into a smaller footprint but personally size has not been a problem.

You'll also get updated versions of the add-on products like Docs-To-Go 7
with the T5. The only way I'd go for the T3 is if it dropped another $50 to
$299.

Cheers
TC
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 6:26:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

"Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
news:ck4g6p$2d5$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Folks,
>
> Wonder if you want to try and convince me....?
>
> Have been running a TT for over a year now, and a Visor Edge before that.
>
> NO problem with the TT, but am thinking of upgrading. I've waited for the
> latest Palm release (T5), but no Cobalt, or multitasking. as a number of
> people thought, so I "aint buying that one!"
>
> So..
>
> Try and convince me why I should OR should NOT buy the T3. Goods
> points/bad
> points.
>
> Over to you folks.
>

It will be interesting how many T3s will still be available once the T5 is
actually available - personally I was hoping to pick up a cheap one but I
think Palm may have dropped a clanger with the T5 its bigger in every
dimension (including weight) than my trusty m515 and I can't use any of my
aftermarket accessories with it. I want to put it in my pocket and while top
of the range Pocket PCs are still getting smaller top of the range Palms are
getting bigger.
Related resources
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 2:33:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

In article news:<ck4g6p$2d5$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, Kevin I Chapple wrote:
> Try and convince me why I should OR should NOT buy the T3. Goods points/bad
> points.

I'd wait and see what happens to the price of the T3 once the T5 is actually
there in the shops. If the T5 turns out to be popular I'd expect the price of
the T3 to drop sharply, but if the T5 has initial bugs and teething problems,
and/or doesn't catch the imagination of the public at large the T3 may keep
it's current price for quite a while.

Personally I think the T5 looks very nice, and I'll be surprised if the T3
doesn't become quite a lot cheaper. Especially if it turns out that Cobalt is
made available for the T5 at a later date.

Cheers,
Daniel.
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 1:01:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

I have a T3 and love it - but - and it's a big one - battery life is
diabolical.

It doesn't affect me greatly as I have a charger at work and at home, and an
in-car one too, so I'm always getting juiced up, but when I'm out and about
suddenly I find myself cursing the battery.

If you are not a heavy user then a T3 is sweet, but I like to use mine for a
couple of hours a day which means I'm forever looking for some way to charge
it.

Regards,
Pochard
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 2:59:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

"Pochard" <news@pochard.plus.com> wrote in message
news:41684343$0$59467$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
>
>
> I have a T3 and love it - but - and it's a big one - battery life is
> diabolical.
>
> It doesn't affect me greatly as I have a charger at work and at home, and
> an in-car one too, so I'm always getting juiced up, but when I'm out and
> about suddenly I find myself cursing the battery.
>
> If you are not a heavy user then a T3 is sweet, but I like to use mine for
> a couple of hours a day which means I'm forever looking for some way to
> charge it.
>
> Regards,
> Pochard
>

Power to Go....but generally I agree.

TC
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 2:28:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Thanks for the feedback, folks. It's much appreciated, to get an angle on
"real" users point of view, in addition to reading the general postings that
may include the T3.

I note that reviews in most mags always comment on the poor battery life.
Mmm, dilema!

Seems like I'm gonna have to flip a coin, between stopping with the TT, or
getting the T3.




"Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:j3_9d.675$Bw1.590@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> "Pochard" <news@pochard.plus.com> wrote in message
> news:41684343$0$59467$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
> >
> >
> > I have a T3 and love it - but - and it's a big one - battery life is
> > diabolical.
> >
> > It doesn't affect me greatly as I have a charger at work and at home,
and
> > an in-car one too, so I'm always getting juiced up, but when I'm out and
> > about suddenly I find myself cursing the battery.
> >
> > If you are not a heavy user then a T3 is sweet, but I like to use mine
for
> > a couple of hours a day which means I'm forever looking for some way to
> > charge it.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Pochard
> >
>
> Power to Go....but generally I agree.
>
> TC
>
>
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 3:02:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

In article news:<ckesua$268$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>, Kevin I Chapple wrote:
> I note that reviews in most mags always comment on the poor battery life.
> Mmm, dilema!

Well, someone posted here that the T5 has a bigger battery than the T3.
The T5's use of Flash memory is also supposed to mean that if the batteries
run down completely you won't lose data, so you can afford to be a little
less paranoid about recharging.

Those points both suggest the T5 may be of more interest to you than the
T3.

Cheers,
Daniel.
!