Sign in with
Your question

Which GPU company to choose from!

Last response: in Components
August 7, 2008 5:26:14 PM

hi there i am just about to buy a new graphics card, i want to get a 4850 while there still fresh, and wiht that price/performance i cant resist.

anywho, i need to make up my mind to which manufacture to buy from, my options are:
Gigabyte (i usually use these for motherboard, since i had issues with Asus p5k (grrrr))
Sapphire: - i have no experience.
Asus
gecube:- who?

i would usually go with HIS but hte retialer im buying for charges more and im poor.

More about : gpu company choose

a c 143 U Graphics card
August 7, 2008 5:43:20 PM

If you look at newegg you'll see that Asus, Sapphire and Visiontek have 5 eggs for their HD 4850 and more reviews than the rest.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=HD+4850&x=0&y=0
I guess that means they did good work there.

Personally, I've used Sapphire cards in the past and I have no complaints. They weren't HD 4850 though.

Sorry to hear you're poor :( 

Are you in Canada by any chance?
August 7, 2008 6:10:33 PM

Heh.. seems all the HD 4850's are going to be $155 after rebate. Basically there is about 8 video cards with free shipping.

Can't really say whats the best, or even best customer service if you have problems. I haven't called any manufacture for any of my stuff.
Related resources
August 7, 2008 6:14:17 PM

I use sapphire, that is my recommendation.
August 7, 2008 6:24:24 PM

i also use sapphire, never had a problem with them
August 7, 2008 8:59:55 PM

sry stranger for wrong forum post, it always confuses me that GPUS isnt under compoent. i wont do it again.

good news is i went for the saphire card.
i dont live Canada (thanks god) i live in the UK, where we get ripped off for our hardware. it cost me £120 ($240 +-5).

also thanks for the newegg link.
August 7, 2008 10:16:21 PM

cool; dont think ill be regretting this purchase.
!