No disc inserted or drive not ready

G

Hi,

When I try copying data from one of my DVDs, Nero shows up "No disc inserted or drive not ready". I can read other DVDs in the drive; so i guess that might be a problem with the DVD. I tried softwares to recover data from it, but none worked. It shows the same error on other computers. Can anyone suggest me a solution? I need the DVD badly because it contains a good software dump.

Waiting for the reply.

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Solution
If there are scratches, many electronics stores have a 'CD/DVD repair kit'. It works by sanding or polishing the DVD with a very fine grit material. It will actually remove some of the plastic on the DVD to return it to a readable state. It will not work on deep scratches. Once you have polished the DVD, put a protective cover on it so that if it gets scratched again, the cover can simply and easily be replaced.
You can also use toothpaste or Brasso.
If there are scratches, many electronics stores have a 'CD/DVD repair kit'. It works by sanding or polishing the DVD with a very fine grit material. It will actually remove some of the plastic on the DVD to return it to a readable state. It will not work on deep scratches. Once you have polished the DVD, put a protective cover on it so that if it gets scratched again, the cover can simply and easily be replaced.
You can also use toothpaste or Brasso.

Solution